Full moon run 6/30 Tucson area

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Jeff Scott and I are planning on a full moon night run for the Saturday the 30th of June.
Chimney Rock trail in Reddington area
meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Circle K at 12177 east Tanque Verde
pull out by 8 at the latest
CB 7

Post up interest. This is a fairly easy trail with a few minor obstacles. High clearance will help, but not completely necessary. Some driving skill and extra lights would be good since it will be nighttime.

I'll let Jeff decide which direction he wants to run it. In fact he can lead too :) I've only done that trail once, east to west, in the daylight. :safari-rig:

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
it's a fun one. Cool, quiet and great in the dark. Did this once last year and it was fantastic.

Trail is fairly easy - but has some challenges if you want them (you know, like running in 2wd:shakin: )

erin

Explorer
I would like to, but forgot I will be in Pheonix till late that night. But i'm sure you guys will get a few good pics.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I invited 2 friends of mine. Both are maybe's. 1 has a modified FJ Cruiser and the other has a rock buggy.

Other wise we have
me
Jeff
Brad
Mr Bogus

Is that about right? Anyone else? Full moon, good people, good trail. You know, they say "the freaks come out at night"

MaddBaggins

Explorer
My daughter is really stoked about it also. She loves to go wheeling with me and this time she gets to do it at night "and I get to stay up late daddy?" My bet, she's asleep halfway thru the trail.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I really want to do this night run but I'm stressing over an air leak in my inner coil air bags on my susupension. If you run them with zero pressure you risk damaging the bags. I unsuccessfuly inspected for where the leak is last weekend. I need to work on it some more this Saturday. I guess I could just bring a compressor and air them up frequently while we are on the run.

I'll see what I find between now and then and confirm at the last minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears