Full Size Dodge Thread

Tommy R

Geaux Tigers!
Oh, my! That's just terrible. Glad you all were evidently okay at least. Sorry about the loss of the truck, trailer, and all your gear, though!

purdytj

seeker
thankful

Oh, my! That's just terrible. Glad you all were evidently okay at least. Sorry about the loss of the truck, trailer, and all your gear, though!

Yes, we are certainly counting our blessings: our family is safe without any injuries.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Here's my rig.

Congrats on the 2014 Power Wagon. Very nice! Just the way I would have it, white…although I am still partial to those new decals. How does the new 6.4L compare to the older 5.7L? Seemed like the 5.7L was laboring hard to move that big of truck at this altitude anyway. Hoping to go drive one as soon as our local dealer gets a ’14 or ’15 PW in stock and hoping to have a Dodge in the garage early next year.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I had forgotten about this thread until some of you had posted on it lately.
This summer our 12-valve met an untimely death. We think the return fuel line became disconnected at the injection pump, but won't ever be sure: the hood welded itself shut. Check out the long version of the story here: http://purdygreatlife.weebly.com/2014-blog

More photos are on the blog, but here are some that capture the story pretty well.

We've made the switch to a 2007 Duramax (www.purdygreatlife.weebly.com/truck).

eek.gif
WOW! Sorry to hear that. Terrible way too lose a sweet truck and nice camper.

STREGA

Explorer
2014 Power Wagon

My new dream truck, although it will have to be a 2015. I had a '05 flame red Power Wagon which I was mostly happy with, but this next gen PW addresses issues the '05 had. The 6.4L engine is the key that makes the PW
work for me. It definitely has more grunt than the 5.7L and gets better fuel mileage to boot, although it's still not great but reasonable for a full size truck that can tow over 15k and has a CGWR of 22.5k.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
My new dream truck, although it will have to be a 2015. I had a '05 flame red Power Wagon which I was mostly happy with, but this next gen PW addresses issues the '05 had. The 6.4L engine is the key that makes the PW
work for me. It definitely has more grunt than the 5.7L and gets better fuel mileage to boot, although it's still not great but reasonable for a full size truck that can tow over 15k and has a CGWR of 22.5k.

the new PW are rated to tow 11,300 IIRC. they have a lighter tow capacity due to the rear spring packs...

edit the 2013 is 11,230 the 2014 are 13,530 with 2500 payload.

and the newer (2013) 5.7 is a lil better than the 2006....383 hp @ 5600 and 400 lb ft at 4000. the 6.4 is even better..but with the 4.56 gears in my 2013 and stepping up to 35" tires and the 6 sp trans I'm very happy...and I own a 2010 dodge diesel also so i have driven them back to back.

DT75FLH

Adventurer

I have your twin..LOL

1" front spacer, 35" tires, steering box brace (just cause)..also have a decked drawer system under the leer cap. drawers weigh 200# and figure 2-300 for cap and tools. Here it is today prerunning some of the mohave trail in the rain. I love this truck (wish it was white) but got a great deal on it.

Attachments

• mohave trail 9-8-14 010.jpg
    mohave trail 9-8-14 010.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 101
  • mohave trail 9-8-14 006.jpg
    mohave trail 9-8-14 006.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 112
  • mohave trail 9-8-14 007.jpg
    mohave trail 9-8-14 007.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 114

huntinguy

Congrats on the 2014 Power Wagon. Very nice! Just the way I would have it, white…although I am still partial to those new decals. How does the new 6.4L compare to the older 5.7L? Seemed like the 5.7L was laboring hard to move that big of truck at this altitude anyway. Hoping to go drive one as soon as our local dealer gets a ’14 or ’15 PW in stock and hoping to have a Dodge in the garage early next year.
I never owned a 5.7 to compare it to. But I did drive an 06 5.7 once, it's a whole lot better then that truck.

STREGA

Explorer
the new PW are rated to tow 11,300 IIRC. they have a lighter tow capacity due to the rear spring packs...

edit the 2013 is 11,230 the 2014 are 13,530 with 2500 payload.

and the newer (2013) 5.7 is a lil better than the 2006....383 hp @ 5600 and 400 lb ft at 4000. the 6.4 is even better..but with the 4.56 gears in my 2013 and stepping up to 35" tires and the 6 sp trans I'm very happy...and I own a 2010 dodge diesel also so i have driven them back to back.

While I was in Prescott for the Overland Journal open house last week I stopped by the Dodge dealer to check out a PW since they have just been released. They had just got their first one in, a white Laramie it was just being PDI and getting some steps/bedliner installed so I was not able to test drive it, just drool. I was able to drive a standard 6.4L 4x4 crew cab which was as close to a PW as possible and was favorably impressed.

The figures I got for towing/payload/CGWR were from running the VIN# on that particular Laramie PW, I'am sure all PW's would be the same but I could be wrong. Unfortunately I cannot find the printout now so I don't have the exact numbers but what I posted are close.

D45

Explorer
I have your twin..LOL

1" front spacer, 35" tires, steering box brace (just cause)..also have a decked drawer system under the leer cap. drawers weigh 200# and figure 2-300 for cap and tools. Here it is today prerunning some of the mohave trail in the rain. I love this truck (wish it was white) but got a great deal on it.

Whats the length of the LED bar?

Dual row? How many lumen?

ramsport59

Observer
I'll just leave this here....

First time fully driveable out of the garage in two months since the body swap... Cant Wait to finsh the little details and drive it!

934809_792536554122754_8960185053035170100_n.jpg

DT75FLH

Adventurer
While I was in Prescott for the Overland Journal open house last week I stopped by the Dodge dealer to check out a PW since they have just been released. They had just got their first one in, a white Laramie it was just being PDI and getting some steps/bedliner installed so I was not able to test drive it, just drool. I was able to drive a standard 6.4L 4x4 crew cab which was as close to a PW as possible and was favorably impressed.

The figures I got for towing/payload/CGWR were from running the VIN# on that particular Laramie PW, I'am sure all PW's would be the same but I could be wrong. Unfortunately I cannot find the printout now so I don't have the exact numbers but what I posted are close.

no worries. that is interesting. I have those numbers from the ram website and the "glossy sales brochure" ;). I do know that they run with out overload leafs and run a "mini leaf pack" similar to the carli and kore kits. I was pleasantly surprised. When I put my 12k equip trailer behind it I have to watch the tongue load alot closer than my ram 3500 srw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle