Full Traction Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Spicer Drive Shafts and some skids.....

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Work progresses on my 2011 Wrangler. Purchased June 31, this year. I will be using it for work - spending a lot of time in the back country, as well as travel for pleasure and work is always with me...

Just had the GREAT folks at Full Traction install their 3" Premium Plus lift, with Bilstein 5100's, new drive shafts and some skid plates. Just want to say, this company is so right on the money. Great customer service, great product, people that LISTEN to you re: needs/wants etc... and give educated responses (rather than sales pitches).

Bottom line, ride greatly improved, clearance greatly improved... and I'm a happy camper :sombrero:

Edit: Should have said JE Reel drive shafts with Spicer brand u-joints...

Attachments

• FullTractionLift.jpg
    FullTractionLift.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Out2PLAY

Observer
I really like my Full Traction 3" Premium plus lift ...Good Choice ..

o8salhG7Xv27DBI6pJd2qy9xgXT2Nn4xYtzwkaVi8ic

James Pierce

Adventurer
Dale,

I hope u don't mind if I hop in and ask a question for those who have experience with these kits. If the kit uses bilstein shocks is the ride not harsh? I only have experience with them on rovers and they ride too stiff.

Sorry for the hijack.

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Out2Play - so far... very happy. The ride is so much better than I'd hoped. And the parts that make up the kit are so well made.

Rovertrader - I chose FT over AEV because a fellow that drove for Ferrari explained the difference in the two lifts, how they work and why... and why he didn't like how AEV uses brackets.

As far as the ride.... I sure don't find it too stiff. It's a good solid ride - no doubt, but too stiff? No. jmo - but I'm very happy with it.

EstianSwanepoel

Will be getting a RHD FT 3" Premium Plus soon. Will add a custom draglink flip and trackbar raise.

Looks like this when installed:
387325_316363228376764_177135738966181_1299772_1065911126_n.jpg

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Full Traction has some great technology with out of the box thinking with their technology. I think that they are the least known provider, but have some of the best technology.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Rovertrader - I chose FT over AEV because a fellow that drove for Ferrari explained the difference in the two lifts, how they work and why... and why he didn't like how AEV uses brackets.
Nth Degree comes with cambolts, brackets.
FT comes with control arms; superior solution. (like Rock Krawler that I suggested for her...)
It will out-flex the AEV kit and give a nice street ride.

I like the Bilstein ride, especially when you add weight to the JK.

JPK

Explorer
Nth Degree comes with cambolts, brackets.
FT comes with control arms; superior solution. (like Rock Krawler that I suggested for her...)
It will out-flex the AEV kit and give a nice street ride.

I like the Bilstein ride, especially when you add weight to the JK.

AEV's supensions do not use cam bolts and have not for more than three years.

Caster is adressed by front control arm relocation brackets, which, along with restoring caster to oem specs, reduce front drive shift vertical movement and actually REDUCE pinion angle on droop, the opposite of the oem or adjustable arm set ups. The reduced drive shaft movement allows for the retension of the superior Rzeppa joint DS, which is less sensative to pinion angle, less prone to vibration than double cardan jointed DS's, and stronger than 1310 u-joint shafts. The changed relationship between the upper and lower arm mounting points also significantly reduces break dive while the reduced lower control arm angle contributes to the excellent ride AEV suspensions are known for.

For most of what owners actually use their Jeeps for the oem arms are more than sufficienty strong, but if stronger arms are needed, the best opton would be fixed length arms, like those from Poly Performance. Their fixed length arms retain rubber oem style bushings on both ends. While oem style rubber bushings do not provide the flex that johnnie joints or other three dimensional joints do they come reasonably close while providing better isolation, long and maintenance free life.

The AEV relocation brackets are ~1.25" lower than the oem lower control arm mounting brackets; they are tucked up behind the tire fairly well, especially larger tires, but a consideration.

Anyone interested in understanding their suspension should find "The Fundementals of Vehicle Dynamics" by Thomas Gillespie a good and informative read. You can buy it here: http://books.sae.org/author/1300969507

JPK

Last edited:

JPK

Explorer
Yea, and the relocations brackets instructions are an addendum to the original version.

You'd think they would have changed it by now.

JPK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears