fuso 4x4 rebuild

alan

Explorer
I have this new toy coming! should make the brackets etc an easier job.
IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

alan

Explorer
no it's a cnc plasma cutter 100amp cuts up to 16mm so I'm told, 600mm x 900mm table, looking forward to receiving it! it has a water bath underneath for cooling and fumes.

alan

Explorer
Got the rear diff housing sitting back in this weekend, as you can see for the spring mount brackets I welded nuts to a plate and then feed them in the end of the chassis and plug welded them in place,made up spacer blocks to compensate for no chassis step these are temporary so I can alter them to suit the final height, you can also see the twin shock setup!
DSCF6649.jpg

DSCF6647.jpg

DSCF6652.jpg

DSCF6653.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
I assume you are going to beef up both ends of that shock mount and put a reinforcing bar over the top of the shocks with an end piece to make them double shear and stiffen everything up some (/hint)

same goes for bottom, just in a different manner, both sets of mounts should be double shear, IMO... too easy not too and cheap insurance.

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
Not much progress lately, but this is a pic of the rims I am having made for the truck 16x8 billet alloy rims just going through DOT testing at the moment.
canterrimtest.jpg

eMULe

Wheels

I think a number of people are interested in wider wheels for their Canter/Fuso.
I have an older one that also uses the five stud/bolt type as shown in the photo.

Looking at the original photos I don't see any steering linkage on the left side so Assume you are down in OZ. Do you have any cost or contact info for the fabricator? Are you going single in the rear with these?

I guess alum. is lighter for freight across the Pacific.... I'm in New Mexico USA.

alan

Explorer
yes I am in OZ
I have 50 of them being made so they will be available for anyone wishing to purchase them, price I'm not sure at the moment but approx $400 each

eMULe

Are the wheels 16 in. like the Orig. ones or larger?
I haven't found any 16" tires that can carry the rear axle wt. single in the US. Are these machined such that they could be used dual?

alan

Explorer
they are 16 x 8 rims, single use front and rear, tested load rating is 1800kg per rim, my truck is a SWB derated to 4500kg.

alan

Explorer
Started on the front diff housing today, cut off all the unwanted brackets and a little panel beating to knock out the dents in the centre housing.
DSCF6714.jpg

DSCF6716.jpg

DSCF6717.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12