fuso 4x4 rebuild

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
finished the manifold today and bolted all up with the turbo, i was surprised how easy it was to make the manifold so if your considering making your own it's not that hard.

Hold that thought until you have some mileage on it.

It looks good, but the job isnt proven until the manifold survives a few thousand heat cycles without cracking at the welds.

And unless I simply cannot see it, it also looks like the manifold is holding the entire weight of the turbo and eventual exhaust... any plans for a brace?

alan

Explorer
if it was just 2mm tube manifold like on race cars you definately need a brace, but this steam pipe is at least 5mm thick.

Hold that thought until you have some mileage on it.

It looks good, but the job isnt proven until the manifold survives a few thousand heat cycles without cracking at the welds.

And unless I simply cannot see it, it also looks like the manifold is holding the entire weight of the turbo and eventual exhaust... any plans for a brace?

Goldanfish

Observer
Fuso 4x4 rebuild

Good on ya Alan, bet its nice to hear that motor run after all your work on it.
Been a follower for some time , but first time Iv'e commented , thought I would now as no one else has noticed your milestone . Must all be at Xmas do's.
I'll follow your progress with interest.
John

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
Damn good effort Alan. It is always good to start a fresh engine for the first time and hear your handy work. I have spent many years rebuilding big 2 stroke motorcycles. It is always great to hear them start fresh. Now if only I could make a greater dent in the collection in the shed.

Well done... now for the first drive down the road.

SiliconTi

Stuck in the Mud
Well, I just read this entire thread, and I am speechless. So impressive and outstanding, I do not know what to say...

:Wow1:

canter tourer

Adventurer
Hey Alan,

Even the landrover enthusiasts on aulro.com have found your rebuild and are highly impressed!

"Old 25th December 2013, 08:46 PM

Fuso 4x4 rebuild

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just browsing another Forum and came across probably the most amazing rebuild Ive ever seen, considering the absolute pile of junk he started with.

Ive rebuilt a few Landrovers from ground up and done a bit of fabbing but this guys project has just blown me away.

check it out, , cant wait to see what the finished product

fuso 4x4 rebuild - Expedition Portal

Even one eyed Landy freaks should be inspired "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger