Fuso build in BC (on an islanders budget)

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The cab mounting on the FE and FG are pretty similar, so I am guessing that you would not have too many issues in that area.
My preference would be to use a couple of trailing arms, but maybe that's just me. ;)

Uncle_jesse

Observer
The cab mounting on the FE and FG are pretty similar, so I am guessing that you would not have too many issues in that area

I'm sure there close but the frame I found is a 05 and mine is a 03 and unfortunately the 05 chassis is on the mainland so not very convenient to look at just hoping some one might have the answer :) figures crossed

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
John (Whatcharterboat) might know the answer to that one, as he has way more first hand experience in that area than I do.

selfy

Observer
i just swapped all the bits from a '97 onto an '02 chassis with no dramas (both were FG 637 chassis)
even put all the cab internals in as well, a few dramas with wiring issues but that was it

Fender

Hi,

I am in the process of combining the front 1/3 of a 2008 FE frame with the rear 2/3 of a 2004 FG frame. For this I am creating an adapter that will go from just in front of the "S" on the FG (29.5" wide) to just behind the front rear shackle location of the FE (33.1" wide). Having the extra 6.5" after the drop is important to me in order to keep the camper low.

Last edited:

Uncle_jesse

Observer
Hi,

I am in the process of combining the front 1/3 of a 2008 FE frame with the rear 2/3 of a 2004 FG frame. For this I am creating an adapter that will go from just in front of the "S" on the FG (29.5" wide) to just behind the front rear shackle location of the FE (33.1" wide). Having the extra 6.5" after the drop is important to me in order to keep the camper low.
So I'm abit lost as to I know that the frame "necks" down from call it the back of the motor to fit into the "S" drop is that what you are talking about ? .. For me the drop in the frame isn't needed
i just swapped all the bits from a '97 onto an '02 chassis with no dramas (both were FG 637 chassis)
even put all the cab internals in as well, a few dramas with wiring issues but that was it
I believe 96-04 are the same body style the chassis I'm looking at is the changeover year 05 the newer body style .. I'm hoping they didn't change the mounting points on the frame (fingers crossed)

Fender

So I'm abit lost as to I know that the frame "necks" down from call it the back of the motor to fit into the "S" drop is that what you are talking about ? .. For me the drop in the frame isn't needed

I believe 96-04 are the same body style the chassis I'm looking at is the changeover year 05 the newer body style .. I'm hoping they didn't change the mounting points on the frame (fingers crossed)

That is correct. From the "S" drop and back the FG frame is 29.5" wide. I believe the FG frame is narrower to allow more torsional flex. Using a FE frame for the full length may be a little tricky where the rear FG leaf springs attach to the frame due to the extra frame width of the FE. Will you be able to use the FE cab for your build? This would eliminate any cab mounting issues.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Those that were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. I have my hearing aids up as high as they will go...nothing.

GL!!

Uncle_jesse

Observer
That is correct. From the "S" drop and back the FG frame is 29.5" wide. I believe the FG frame is narrower to allow more torsional flex. Using a FE frame for the full length may be a little tricky where the rear FG leaf springs attach to the frame due to the extra frame width of the FE. Will you be able to use the FE cab for your build? This would eliminate any cab mounting issues.
My plan as of now is to use my 03fg cab and running gear and fit IT into the 05fe frame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle