Fuso build in BC (on an islanders budget)

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Yea it's a hard place to leave .. Even for a holiday

I grew up on the island and now live in the Lower mainland not just hard to leave cause its nice, cost of the damn ferry doesn't help either :Wow1:

delica1994

Another Fuso FG140 Build in Victoria

HI Jesse,
After reading that you were building a FG140 near Victoria, I thought maybe i should contact you. I live in Victoria as well, and am currently building up a 2006 Fuso FG140 too. Fortunately I managed to find a unit with a flat deck, insulated sleeper and 2 Webasto heaters. One heater for the Diesel Engine and the other for the sleeper. Since that time I have fixed a Alaskan Camper to the rear deck and am currently getting the Springs redone, adding a few leafs, a Lift and new Bilstein shocks. Until now, the used Airseat set I found in Alberta and installed is the only suspension my back and kidneys appreciate..lol. It has new tires, so getting a larger set with super singles doesn't seem the most expeditious until these are worn down some what. Needless to say the Camper being 50 years old needs some major repairs but is serviceable until the Spring time so I can have camping exploits now. Which was kind of the plan, to go camping! Maybe if you have some time you might like to meet up for a coffee in the future. I would love to see your Truck too.

Cheers, Tim

20150113_161615.jpg
20150113_162650.jpg

Uncle_jesse

Observer
HI Jesse,
After reading that you were building a FG140 near Victoria, I thought maybe i should contact you. I live in Victoria as well, and am currently building up a 2006 Fuso FG140 too. Fortunately I managed to find a unit with a flat deck, insulated sleeper and 2 Webasto heaters. One heater for the Diesel Engine and the other for the sleeper. Since that time I have fixed a Alaskan Camper to the rear deck and am currently getting the Springs redone, adding a few leafs, a Lift and new Bilstein shocks. Until now, the used Airseat set I found in Alberta and installed is the only suspension my back and kidneys appreciate..lol. It has new tires, so getting a larger set with super singles doesn't seem the most expeditious until these are worn down some what. Needless to say the Camper being 50 years old needs some major repairs but is serviceable until the Spring time so I can have camping exploits now. Which was kind of the plan, to go camping! Maybe if you have some time you might like to meet up for a coffee in the future. I would love to see your Truck too.

Cheers, Tim

View attachment 271217
View attachment 271218
too funny I was following you down the pat bay highway a few weeks back ! Love to get together for sure I'll pm you my number

Uncle_jesse

Observer
Well finally time to take my FG to my shop and start the rebuild .... This should get interesting :Wow1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 18

kerry

Expedition Leader
Wow, you are quick. Remind us of the history? How many miles where exactly for how long? That's a nasty crack. Was the frame boxed and welded behind it?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If the mechanicals are still okay, then a chassis replacement similar to that which Alan did might work for you, assuming you have suitable skill to do that.
Other than that... OUCH!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle