Fuso build in BC (on an islanders budget)

Uncle_jesse

Observer
Yea it was not what I was hoping to find but none the less it's what I have and there is no possible way for this chassis to be used any longer so I have been coincidering my options and I have thought about fabricating my own frame which is well within my ability to do but time is my biggest problem .. I'm am now looking at finding a possible donor truck ie a FE with a good cab and frame that I can modify to work for what I have or the other option that I had since the beginning was a frame from a 05 FE that is readily available but I am unsure if the cab will bolt up to it with ease ... I have been looking high and low and calling around to wreckers in and around BC to try and find a 96-04 parts truck but have yet to find anything .. So fingers crossed something will come up soon

Uncle_jesse

Observer
Well it has 120k on it and was a plow/salter (yea should have known better) plus it was an auto and that was one of my criteria .. Yea I didn't notice the crack till after I had the can off and most of the accessories out of the way but it's scary and completely severed ..... The plates on the frame were an obvious repair from a plow related incident I'm guessing I can see where the frame had snapped on the drivers side and had buckled on the passanger side as a result and the repaired it with the obvious plating .. The pictures don't do it justice this thing is beyond any kind of repair but ... Where there's a will theres a way lol

delica1994

wow, sorry to see just how bad it turned out to be. I looked at a FG140 1996 a year ago near Campbell River selling for $10,000, which was a local truck all its life. Similar vintage but after spending a good hour and a half i pretty much came to the conclusion that it was roached for all the same reasons yours have turned to be. Later i saw it in Lethbridge AB, for sale again but ended going to Auction as far as i could tell. Then likely scraped. It did have a awesome Aluminum Flat deck, a tipper i believe. That may still be in Lethbridge in case you are interested.

Uncle_jesse

Observer
So i found a nice donor truck today but the problem is its a 06 fe180 so my thought is are any of the 4wd components interchangeable ie could I use the tcase off my FG trans and swap it onto the FE trans both are autos .. Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this fo me

boostin

Adventurer
I own a 06 fe180 so I know it pretty well..

I can't see the t case bolting to it though..I imagine the 4spd auto and 6 spd are very different.

I know the 6spd trans is also in newer dodge diesels..Maybe a dodge t case?

Has to be the dodge with the aisin trans

Uncle_jesse

Observer
Yea that would be a good donor but with our dollar worth what it is I don't think I could afford that one but thanks for offer to look at it :) .. There is a chance that I may have found one in Vancouver that would work for me I'm just waiting to hear back about it so fingers crossed

Endoftheroad

Another islander here with an 04 FG. In Ucluelet , but frequently South Island if you need to look at anything..
How many FGs' on VI ?..

jhrodd

Adventurer
And unlike the Washington State Ferries yours have no charge for extra height. That makes visiting the Islands in Canada with a camper a more pleasant experience. The USSA could stand to take a few lessons from you guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78