Fuso oil consumption????

dingodog

Can anyone of you Fuso experts tell me how much oil consumption I can expect with a 2006 4x4 fuso with under 50,000kl on the clock?
Thanks

FG Surfari

Adventurer
I run a 2004 FG with 50K miles on the clock.
I have had to add roughly 1 quart of additional oil between 6k mile changes.
Hope that helps.

dingodog

I have heard they are supposed to burn zero, given the efficiency of the engine, it would seem normal if it went through some, but perhaps that is in older engines. Good to get real world data on it. thanks

westyss

Explorer
I am no expert, but, 2007 with 35,000km, never had to add, pretty much stopped checking it alltogether.

1Engine

Observer
Rather than oil used / kms.
A general rule of thumb 0.5% oil consumption per litre of fuel used is starting to be excessive on diesel engines (This is not a Fuso spec)

All engines should use some oil, as oil will get caught in the honing marks on the cylinder wall.
If the engine is not using oil this can be caused by the oil temperature is not getting up to a high enough temp to flash off any condensation.

An example that can happen is that if the engine has done say 4000kms around town, you check the oil all is ok, then you head off & do 1000kms in a day You may find that it has used 1 to 2 lts in the day, this is not excessive, as the engine has flashed off the condensation which has been replacing the oil that was burnt during the 1st 4000km of operation.

For information, 2002 NPS300 Naturally Aspirated 170000kms
I just recently did a trip from Cairns - Windsor NSW - Cairns, fully loaded + towing a Duel axle trailer with 1800kg Boat (Nothing was above the hight of the Cab). Road speed between 80 - 95km/h. Distance Travelled 5700 kms - Fuel Used 1036lts. Oil Consumed 2.3 lts

jhrodd

Adventurer
My 2006 FE has 48,000 miles on it. Have never added oil between changes. My 2009 DD15 uses one gallon between 50,000 mi oil changes. The gallon goes in at about 30,000 mi . New engines are pretty tight.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Used 2 qts of oil in the first 100 miles. Went back to the dealer in Ft. Worth (200 miles) on a hook. Mitsu Rep said it was normal for break in period. I won't say what the Dealer said about that comment as this is a family site. Oil filter wasn't on properly and there was a bad gasket. Hasn't used any oil since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998