Fusos at the 2018 Abenteuer & Allrad

Coachgeo

Explorer
can you educate us on the habbitat suspension pics..... which photos for sure go together and the orinetation of the pics.... (rear chassis, mid chassis, front chassis) and in what combinations.... example I some in the pics that were springed above and below the bolt...... while what looks like on same truck a few were just below (or was it above..... I forget lol). Understanding how things fall along each chassis would be so so helpful.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I have always wondered about this. Though English is a somewhat universal language, I presume there are visitors and vendors from around the world. It seems as though coordinating parking, giving directions, making signage, etc., would be an absolute nightmare with all of the various languages and cultures represented. I would love to go one day, regardless.
English was used pretty universal along with German. I was lucky as my hotel was a 3-minute walk from the parking area where you caught the buses to the main show (you can not drive directly there). If you were driving to that parking area there was a 4-kilometer line.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
can you educate us on the habbitat suspension pics..... which photos for sure go together and the orinetation of the pics.... (rear chassis, mid chassis, front chassis) and in what combinations.... example I some in the pics that were springed above and below the bolt...... while what looks like on same truck a few were just below (or was it above..... I forget lol). Understanding how things fall along each chassis would be so so helpful.
This was the best spring suspension IMO. (credit to - Wheel 24 )
s1.jpg

Coachgeo

Explorer
This was the best spring suspension IMO. (credit to - Wheel 24 )
MUCHO thank you.

Was the last three set of springs on cab end all double springs? hard to tell with fuel tank in the way. Am I correct that the metal plate sticking up there just behind the small black tank the one to prevent motion of camper body to left and right? was there similar plate in middle and/at rear of this setup? (3 double srpings toward front... One single ontop springs in middle section and one solid connection at rear = 5 connections per side)

What was the length of this particular camper body? (generally speaking is fine)

Again thank you.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
MUCHO thank you.

Was the last three set of springs on cab end all double springs? hard to tell with fuel tank in the way. Am I correct that the metal plate sticking up there just behind the small black tank the one to prevent motion of camper body to left and right? was there similar plate in middle and/at rear of this setup? (3 double srpings toward front... One single ontop springs in middle section and one solid connection at rear = 5 connections per side)

What was the length of this particular camper body? (generally speaking is fine)

Again thank you.
Correct, 5 per side, and about 5 meters long for the subframe.
And yes, that plate was to stop side to side movement. Nothing else as the rearmost connect from the subframe to the truck frame is a ridge fixed mount, so zero movement in any plane.
I think the below set-up to stop movement in both the side to side and fore and aft planes is better (maybe just one per side at the forward most mount) as I don't think it is good to have the bolts taking any shear in either direction, both to limit the chance of binding and for fatigue damage. 'Soft' plate steel is much happier with that (spread over a much larger area), then hardened bolts. Also, there was no 'shimming' between the subframe and frame. Certain some HPV (or the likes) plastic shimming would help with wear, noise, and rust related to friction between the metal frames.
SPRING.jpg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
One thing that must be taken into consideration is that there is no "one size fits all" solution when it comes to kinematic mounting systems.
The mounting system has to be matched to the type of truck and design of the chassis. A case in point is the 4 point mount system on a Unimog. Brilliant on a Unimog, but not ideal on a Fuso.

Here in Australia we have lots of 4x4 Fuso and Isuzu trucks that are used in our Rural Fire Service. They are definitely not a rarity here.
On a Fuso, a fixed point at the rear is viable, but from my experience, gained from looking at lots of commercial setups, is that a fully spring mounted system is the preferred method.
Just saying...

gait

Explorer
been very much wondering about that too. Have not found anything that alludes to that
depends how many mounts, how far apart, weight of box (are tanks chassis or box mounted), and height (centre of mass). There is little movement available in the springs, but that is probably all that is required. A 5 degree twist is more mm the further apart the measuring points. Need to see all the mounts, the whole mounting system.
Just for example, I have eight mounts. Six are within two meters, the other two (at front) are upside down to assist with load bearing. The static load on each mount is less than 100kg. Dynamic loads are higher and more complex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears