G500 interior cabinet build

burquedoka

Adventurer
Oh don't let that reflection fool you! My clear coat has crapped out in this New Mexico sun a while ago.

Mike while trolling for ideas, I remember seeing your Tacoma. It's a very nice setup!

William, what can I say, I love all things scribing, routing and especially biscuit joining!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oh don't let that reflection fool you! My clear coat has crapped out in this New Mexico sun a while ago.

Mike while trolling for ideas, I remember seeing your Tacoma. It's a very nice setup!

William, what can I say, I love all things scribing, routing and especially biscuit joining!

So....you're saying it's smoke in mirrors? ;)

burquedoka

Adventurer
More.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 40

burquedoka

Adventurer
Thanks, and yes. I plan to have Phil cut me out a piece of aluminum that fits the recess of the door structure and have it be a fold down table.

McBride

Adventurer
Thanks, and yes. I plan to have Phil cut me out a piece of aluminum that fits the recess of the door structure and have it be a fold down table.

That's going to be an awesome setup to use. It's like a condo G. Can't wait to see it!

Maybe that should be a new term - expocondo. You've got one.

burquedoka

Adventurer
The plan is to fabricate a new steel bumper with a swing out tire carrier. I figured it was a necessary step to remove the spare from the door in order to open it far enough for the drawers. In a stock configuration, that rear door would have severely limited the width of the driver side drawer.

safariguy

Observer
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my rear door panel. Mine is starting to come off due to some broken attachment points, and I might as well do something other than the standard replacement. Do you think your source would be up for creating a second one that he could sell to me?

burquedoka

Adventurer
I'm sure we could arrange that Safariguy, as long as your not in a big rush. I imagine I'll get to that portion of my projectwithin the next month or two. Let's keep in touch.

safariguy

Observer
I'm sure we could arrange that Safariguy, as long as your not in a big rush. I imagine I'll get to that portion of my projectwithin the next month or two. Let's keep in touch.

That would be wonderful. I am in no rush at all. My build has been a long time coming, as I purchased my G500 back in October and haven't been stateside enough to even think about it.

thebigblue

Adventurer
The plan is to fabricate a new steel bumper with a swing out tire carrier. I figured it was a necessary step to remove the spare from the door in order to open it far enough for the drawers. In a stock configuration, that rear door would have severely limited the width of the driver side drawer.

Okay, still have my spare on the door, for this reason I run a cabinet with a lid over it in the LH side, and a slider for the fridge on the RH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan