G550 ARB Air Compressor Install

MetalDog

Observer
After deliberating between putting it under the hood or over a rear wheel well, I opted for a spot right in front of the driver. We did a firewall mount by drilling 4 holes, painting the holes and then putting in threaded nutserts. I only need it for airing up my tires, so left the switch under the hood. Think it turned out pretty clean.

IMG_0268.jpgIMG_0269.jpgIMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.jpg

otiswesty

Regular guy
That looks great, I would consider making another hole and route a remote air intake from the other side of the inner fender. It should be some what cooler in that space compared to the engine compartment and your pump will run much more efficiently. Typically you are airing up with a hot engine before getting back on the road.

Here is the install I did on my 2002 G500, and have since moved it over to my 1999 G500 (now in the engine compartment as well).

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/fo...&start=1&highlight=compressor&highlightmode=1

Attachments

• AirPump.jpg
    AirPump.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 43
  • AirSetup.jpg
    AirSetup.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 46
  • TankMounted.JPG
    TankMounted.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

MetalDog

Observer
Ohh, like that idea a lot! I noticed performance issues with my onboard air on my Landcruiser 200 after a day on the trail. Thank you!

That looks great, I would consider making another hole and route a remote air intake from the other side of the inner fender. It should be some what cooler in that space compared to the engine compartment and your pump will run much more efficiently. Typically you are airing up with a hot engine before getting back on the road.

Here is the install I did on my 2002 G500, and have since moved it over to my 1999 G500 (now in the engine compartment as well).

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/fo...&start=1&highlight=compressor&highlightmode=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears