Gap IID tool help

For some reason my IID won't allow me to move out of the ECU scan mode. I'd like to reset my suspension heights as I've installed taller tires. It seems that no matter what combination of buttons I push it won't got to the calibration screen. I did recently install a trailer brake controller from A/B but I wouldn't think that could make any difference. It did work when I first received it but not now. Any of you extra smart guys out there guide an old guy thru the steps?

axels

Adventurer
I'm not sure what's the source of your problem but you should both post in the dedicated thread and email Gap Diagnostics. They are really prompt at replying and helping out.
I'm able to run my 265/65R18 with any changes to the suspension height. Maybe you went bigger...

jhawk

Adventurer
I bet it's the cruise control buttons not making contact through the steering wheel. Turn your steering wheel back and forth a couple times, and maybe have it at a different angle and try again. This always seems to work for me when the IID Tool seems to be acting up.

Jim

Thanks to you both. I emailed Gap w/ my problems and you're right they got right back to me with help- then I spun the steering wheel and tried pressing the buttons with it in a different position and voila! it worked -Thanks again.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Yes, contacting support can, at times, be even better than posting in a forum... :rolleyes:
JK :p
Glad it's working for you. If you press and hold any of the CC buttons used to control the IIDTool you should see the LED on the IIDTool light up and remain lit as long as the button is held. You can use this to check if your prob is steering coupler connectivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears