Gardner Canyon with Expo surprise :-)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
When I heard there was a winter storm warning out for the mountains around Tucson, I took off for a one night adventure in Gardner Canyon. It turned out I only got off and on rain and a few snow showers early in the morning. The snow didn't even stick. Still a great time and a beautiful camping spot up on a ridge with views at around 6000 ft.

This trip gave me a chance to try out using my Moss Wing Tarp over the kitchen between the trailer and my truck instead of setting up the huge porch. It worked out great and you can pull the sides down when the wind picks up for protection. Stayed dry as a bone.

First Pics of my trip and camp....then the surprise on the way out. :)

20071124GardnerCanyon004.jpg

20071124GardnerCanyon003.jpg

20071123GardnerCanyon027.jpg

20071123GardnerCanyon026.jpg

20071123GardnerCanyon023.jpg

20071123GardnerCanyon020.jpg

20071123GardnerCanyon019.jpg

20071123GardnerCanyon035.jpg

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
The Expo Surprise.....

On the drive out, I spotted a Horizon Adventure Trailer camped with a Crusier so I figured it had to be one of us Expo folks. :wings:

Turns out, it was Alvin with his family, also enjoying the winter weather in Gardner canyon.

Small world isn't it? :shakin:

20071124GardnerCanyon008.jpg

20071124GardnerCanyon009.jpg

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Brad, I finally got all the paper work for my KK, now it's legal... and awaiting use!!! I also found out that I have an under annex screen room, I thought I got the shower room, oh well.

Did you fire up the heater???

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
It was in the 30's at night during this trip so you bet I fired up the heater.:wings: It's a little challenging to get it primed when you first hook it up but after that, it works great. I probably had the tent at around 60-65 all night when it was windy and sleeting outside. Love it. I have a great set up now with the deisel fuel supply from a Sceptor container with a fuel supply cap so you smell no fumes. PM me if you want the details.

My KK also has the annex screen room. A friend of mine sleeps in there on his cot when we go hunting. I ordered the back zip on bathroom annex and use that when my wife is with me for the bathroom and hot showers. Nice comfort addition.

Last edited:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
You know it only makes sense that we would run into each other in the woods. :) Not the grocery store, not the mall, but down a dirt road in the trees!

I didn't have my thermometer, but it got cold! The truck, trailer and tent were completely frosted over. The inside of the tent walls also. Had to pull it into a sunny spot for a while. When we got home I opened it fully in the driveway for a couple hours and took a towel to the inside. The neighbors just give that ****** look when they see it setup in the driveway. :)
The little pond next to our camp was frozen over in the a.m. Burr! We were cozy though, without a heater (you cheater!)

Good to see you again Brad! Lets take out trailers out together soon!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
MaddBaggins said:
You know it only makes sense that we would run into each other in the woods. :) Not the grocery store, not the mall, but down a dirt road in the trees!

I didn't have my thermometer, but it got cold! The truck, trailer and tent were completely frosted over. The inside of the tent walls also. Had to pull it into a sunny spot for a while. When we got home I opened it fully in the driveway for a couple hours and took a towel to the inside. The neighbors just give that ****** look when they see it setup in the driveway. :)
The little pond next to our camp was frozen over in the a.m. Burr! We were cozy though, without a heater (you cheater!)

Good to see you again Brad! Lets take out trailers out together soon!

Alvin,

Your rig looks great with your new Horizon trailer and RTT. Nice set up. I don't think we should put our trailers too close to each other. Mine will get jealeous of how nice yours looks.:shakin:

Getting together on a local trailer camping trip sounds fun. Let me know when you want to go play and we'll schedule a trip together. Maybe some other local Tucson folks will want to join us too.:jumping:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
Alvin,

Your rig looks great with your new Horizon trailer and RTT. Nice set up. I don't think we should put our trailers too close to each other. Mine will get jealeous of how nice yours looks.:shakin:

Getting together on a local trailer camping trip sounds fun. Let me know when you want to go play and we'll schedule a trip together. Maybe some other local Tucson folks will want to join us too.:jumping:

I think my family would get jealous of all the cool stuff yours has. My wife thought it would have been cool if you camped with us that night, then her and Zoe would take over your heated tent and you would be sleeping in the Eezi-awn with me.:shakin:

January is out for me, but for the most part, any other time you want for a weekend trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior