Garmin GPX Samples?

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
As many of you know, I'm developing a topographic mapping package for touchscreen computers (Old version described at http://www.overlandnavigator.com). We are getting close to our next release and want to make sure that we have very solid Garmin GPX compatibility.

If any of you have a Garmin GPS unit, like the 60CSx that allows you to store a GPX track on your memory card, could you spend 5 minutes (tops) and help me out? All I need is for you to email me one of the tracklogs and GPS model you fetched it from.

I'm looking for tracks that are stored on the memory card as a "Tracklog" rather than a GDB file converted to GPX via Mapsource. You may need to go into Settings, and set the interface to USB Mass Storage to see this track.

Thanks for the help.

Craig
support@spatialminds.com

Carlyle

Explorer
Check this out though, they are .gpx files. This was from another post today by Beowolf:

To all of our friends and customers:
For a long time, many of you have been asking us to provide GPS waypoints in a digital, downloadable form. Well, we've finally done it! We've been working hard to get it done in time for Christmas. Since it's free, we hope you'll think of it as a little holiday gift.
To download waypoints for any trail in our books, just go to www.funtreks.com and click on "GPS Downloads" in the left column. You are just a few clicks away from no longer having to go through the tedious process of keying coordinates into your GPS unit.
REMINDER: Our Christmas sale ends in just a few days (Dec. 15). Our books make great gifts, especially when discounted up to 45%.
Happy Holidays from all of us here at FunTreks,
Chuck Wells, Jaime Rae, Matt Peterson, Darlene Teran & Marcia LeVau

craig

Thanks for pointing that out. I saw that post and it is very cool that they are sharing them.

What I'm looking for is fairly specific. I'm looking for GPX files that are created via the Automatic Track Logging facility built into some Garmin GPSs.

Thanks again for helping. I appreciate it.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Looks like I have about 50 gpx files on my Map76 CSx unit as viewed as a mass storage device......no idea whattracks they all are. :) How many do you want?

craig

1 or 2 good ones. The more waypoint symbol and line style variety the better.

craig

Tucson T4R said:
Craig, email sent with 35 files...that should keep ya busy for awhile. :shakin:

LOL... is that smoke I smell coming from my mail server?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I think most of the gpx files on my mem card were auto saved there and are probably simple track logs mostly. Have to dig through them to see if any are useful for what you are doing.

craig

Tucson T4R said:
I think most of the gpx files on my mem card were auto saved there and are probably simple track logs mostly. Have to dig through them to see if any are useful for what you are doing.

The 35 you sent should be plenty. :) I have plenty of software to view the various files in. No need for you to sort through them for me (unless you want to).

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears