Garmin Tread xl tracking

Shawn 75

This year I will be heading south of the border to drive to Argentina. I purchased the Garmin tread xl overland edition last year and have a in reach subscription. My family wants to be able to open an app or web page to see exactly where I'm at. What app do they need or web page do they go to? Do they have to create a username/password or just use my gaming username/password. Hope someone can help very little info anywhere on this even though I know tracking me is possible. Thanks everyone.

pytheas

I do not have the Garmin Tread so cannot comment to that. But, I have been an InReach user for many years. Up until recently, I would set my InReach send tracking points every x minutes (I think it is 10 minutes, but configurable). You can then setup a URL with a password you can give to family and friends to see you tracks as you travel. If you go to explore.garmin.com and log in to your account, you should be able to set that up. I just logged in to my account and if you select "Social" in the top menu, there is a "MapShare" section you can set this up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears