Gas Cans 05 TundraBeast Build. Another build for the Big Guys!

GasCan

Observer
Fast forward to this week.

Made a trip this week to the Montana Shipping Co. to pick up a couple items!

GC

tyv12

Adventurer
Looks good, just a tip once u cut the inner fender liner don't rely on the factory clips to hold the front they're very flimsy and you'll be going down the highway with the liner falling down against the tire

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looks good, just a tip once u cut the inner fender liner don't rely on the factory clips to hold the front they're very flimsy and you'll be going down the highway with the liner falling down against the tire

Mine stayed on when I cut mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GasCan

Observer
Nice armor! Who makes it?

Its Relentless Fabrication.

I want to keep my fender liners in place to keep the snow and salt out of the engine bay as best as I can. I plan on making some Alum fill pieces that I can rivet the front of the liner to. They are have been trimmed for now.

GC

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Wonder why they changed the design. I actually like their original one.

GasCan

Observer
Currently I have a Warn Zeon in a winch cradle, with the plan to take it out of the cradle and front mount it.... but its apparent that I cannot used the Zeon without relocating the solenoid box.

At first I considered just cutting a square hole in top of the bumper and let it poke out but there isn't enough room between the front of the hood and the front of the bumper. Thought about a short relocation kit but again not enough room.

So as a temporary measure I thought I would make an adaptor plate for the winch mount that would allow me to still use my 2" receiver winch cradle.

I did have to open up the slot for the winch cable a bit. Not a big deal since the fairlead would cover this if I went to a permanent front mount.

I have had my Warn Zeon for about a year and have yet to use it. Before the Zeon I had a Costco Campion 10K winch in a cradle and used it a fair amount. Although there are some limitations to a cradle I have always managed to work around them.

GC

Last edited:

GasCan

Observer
And the installation.

I had to elongate two the the mounting holes a couple of mm to get it to go, but other than that, it was pretty uneventful.

GC

trailscape

Explorer
I really like the look and fit of the Relentless bumpers.. It's also the only decent plate bumper I know of that you actually order for these trucks aside from an ARB.

GasCan

Observer
Brute Force makes a nice one as well, but I dont think they advertise them on their website.

Most are big and bulky and make the truck look like Jay Leno

GC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger