G'day from Australia. Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

motoz

Adventurer
Let there be light...

Well here's two projects I've had on the go for a lil while. I bought some new underbody lights from KC WORKS. I got 4 x 40mm 10w CREE projector billets and 4 x SMD 'super slim' panels. The two billets were mounted fore and aft with the panels under the sliders.

u9u4u9ap.jpg

5ezu6y7y.jpg

ate7yby7.jpg

I've got them running off the 2nd battery via an 10 gang fuse box I installed next to the AC fan...

u7erura8.jpg

All the cables including the Chip It USB were run into the cab via the boot behind the glove box. I've even future proofed installs by running 4 more twin core feeds through the same grommet.

yvymanep.jpg

ra2ehete.jpg

To be continued...

motoz

Adventurer
These things pump out the light and are great for night time wheeling as well as a lil mood lighting around the camp...

upatavem.jpg

:cool:

Next was to fit some flood lights to the roof racks. I went some 18W CREE light bars and using the Rhino T bolts, a little dremel work and a day got them fitted...

qehy4aru.jpg

ynezypy9.jpg

I fitted four of these suckers to illuminate the camp during setup as we're notorious for running late and arriving well after dark.

:lol:

motoz

Adventurer
Storage solutions...

I've never been 100% happy with the setup of the tub. I can never seem to maximise the space due to different sized storage boxes etc.

There was an EOFY tool sale at Total Tools back in June and I grabbed an all in 1 kit for about $180. It's heavy duty and comes in its own blown moulded case. It's virtually the same size as the Dewalt hard cases for the 18v power tools.

I grabbed three second hand cases from a Dewalt repairer here in Adelaide for $30. I spend an hour with the Dremel and have got a new storage system for all the sundry bits n pieces, like electrical tools, spares, first aid and extras that we take along. These all pack together and maximise the space I've dedicated.

5eme8amu.jpg

a9u8e7y5.jpg

here's a size comparison with the 60lt fridge...

a5ehe6u7.jpg

u4atame5.jpg

I'm in the process of designing the rear tub system. It's incorporating a pull out kitchen, 50lt water tank and a few other features.

:D

motoz

Adventurer
I've fitted a twin gauge pod to the drivers side A pillar. The lower gauge is a 2" VDO transmission temp and the upper a 2" VDO 30 psi boost gauge.

a6e3u8uv.jpg

I've fitted both gauges with T10 red LED globes to match the look of the factory cluster when illuminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Great addition!
Where did you attach the sending unit for the trans. temp gauge?

motoz

Adventurer
Great addition!
Where did you attach the sending unit for the trans. temp gauge?

Thanks mate. There's a temp sensor on the RHS of the transmission just after the bell housing. The wires plug directly into that.

Ill grab a pic and post it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

motoz

Adventurer
Two days after going into ARB on Friday and ordering a smooth canopy with lift up windows, internal rack, Rhino bars, colour coded with vent and install for $3450 I find a canopy for sale on Gumtree.

Suffice to say I've ended up with a SJS canopy with lift up windows and track mount roof rails for $350 and it's even colour coded.

SCORE !!!

6usy5utu.jpg

ju9ejyda.jpg

I fab'd a mount for the light bar up front. Looks almost factory with anti theft nuts throughout.

a2aranaj.jpg

ujuqeda8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoz

Adventurer
Gee that's a bloody good find

Thanks mate. It needs a little work as it's had a few knocks. I'm planning on removing the internal lining and making a support frame to mount the RTT onto.

I'd like to set it up with a water tank and pull out draw setup. All the things that make touring easier.

motoz

Adventurer
No more sag...

I fitted a new set of coils today for the front struts. The last set had dropped a little too much down to 550mm. I called Brendan at Ultimate and ordered a new set of 20mm coils. Installed into the front end with a new set of bottom bushes and it's sitting perfect.

rezu3eha.jpg

So with the new canopy fitted and a full 135lt tank of diesel were sitting at 630mm in the rear and with the new coils 610mm in the front.

apasusy7.jpg

I'm hoping the fronts will settle to around the 585mm mark. Either way the ride is a hell of a lot better with the new springs.

Mudrunner

Adventurer
I love this build your truck looks beautiful and I wish they had them here in the states the lines are just plain awesome!
I do have a question maybe you can help with, I own a 01 Montero Sports/Challenger. I have noticed that finding an off road bumper for anything between 00-06 is almost impossible. I know a number of owners have just managed by with the 94-99 bumpers. But I know the Sport/Challenger are based of the Triton frame and thought maybe a bumper was made for the 00-06 years, which it was and I thought it might fit.

So I guess short question with a long explanation is: Do you know any one who owns a Challenger in those years that may have tried to fit the Off road Bumper from the Triton to the Challenger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan