Gen 2 roof rack bolt thread size

gsa1200

Have gen 2 TRD and understand it has pre-drilled holes under black strip on roof for roof rack. What size bolt fits? Have ARE topper and tie tarp to the back track and was thinking it would be nice to have front tie down on roof. Use suction cups or wiper arm now. Post up pictures of what you have done. Don't need much more a small ring for tie off. thanks, in advance!

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
FYI, it's only double cab trucks that had these captured nuts. You didn't say what you have. I'm not 100% sure all double cabs do, either. I just know regular and access cab do not.

The nuts are standard Toyota (e.g. JIS) M6-1.0 size and pitch. Lengths will depend.

Winterpeg

I wouldn't use a single bolt hole regardless.... install a roof rack and then use it... spread out the tension.
Prinsu is a decent aftermarket option.
I had to drill into the roof (1st gen)... but it was pretty easy... even with some modifications for the sunroof (had to cut/trim the legs a bit).

gsa1200

Thanks for the link to TW. Will seal the 6M bolts when I figure out what to add. Have 11 double cab TRD Off Road so it should have the pre-drilled holes for OEM brackets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online