Gen 3 ome shock and spring install

1morebike

Adventurer
I finally going to just except I don't have time or the place to put my new shocks and springs in so I'm going to pay my mechanic to do it. It's the stock height one so I'm wondering if there is anything they need to look out for. I just don't want them to get done and set it down and realize it need something weird.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Where do you live? There might be forum members willing to help. It's a pretty easy install.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Hmmmm..just realized this new forum software doesn't display location like it used to. Bummer!

1morebike

Adventurer
I just realized they sent me the hd package I don't have bumper and don't carry a lot of weight but am thinking of getting a small cping trailer. Am I going to hate the ride?

Tliska10

Man I wish I got the HD ones, I have the med and they do the work good, but in my last camping trip it was sagging, but I had a ridiculous weight on the truck and 5 passengers.. no weight vs weight. Hope this helpsIMG_20180831_082749.jpgIMG_20180829_073621.jpg

1morebike

Adventurer
Yeah that's kind of my thoughts I guess better to have them then not. Just the other day I filled the back with buckets of river rock and it was sitting loooow

1morebike

Adventurer
Shocks and springs are in...man this thing is tall. Took it in for an alignment and they said the camber bolts were seized in and they did there best. Said it's pretty decent but the steering wheel is off and they can't get it straight...that's going to drive me nuts.

plh

Explorer
Dealer sells camber bolts, washers, nuts. Really common. Might need a hot wrench to get them out. I had to do 4 of them.

offthepath

Adventurer
Why would they not be able to get the wheel straight? That has noting to do with camber........

After a 1000 miles it would be worth re-aligning it. The suspension will settle some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior