Gen3 FAQ Sticky?

kbahus

Adventurer
I started working on a draft for a Gen3 specific sticky for this forum as I was bored this morning. There seems to be a large increase in interest and common questions with these vehicles. Before I get much further I would like to ask the moderators if I completed such a thread would it get the "sticky" treatment? My draft has a list of features/options of both models of Gen3's, common issues, aftermarket upgrades, threads of interest, and possibly some part number references.

Any input from fellow Montero owners?

MascotRejct

Adventurer
Holy ****! 22K for an '03 land cruiser w/ 80k miles on it? Are people just stupid? Who would pay that? That's rediculous.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Holy ****! 22K for an '03 land cruiser w/ 80k miles on it? Are people just stupid? Who would pay that? That's rediculous.

Yeah, I just went through this - looking for a reasonably priced capable 4x4 truck that wasn't too old... saw plenty of LC 100's with approx 100k miles on it for around $20k. Occasionally mid teens but most in that price range had issues. Apparently people are paying those $20k+ prices for 100k mile Toyota's. I looked at '05-'06 Tundra's as well - similar pricing.

You're looking at around 10-12k for a very nice, clean almost-100k late Gen 3. I think that's MUCH more reasonable, and you get a really great truck for that price.

Igorskiy86

Observer
Yeah, prices for a LC are way too high, considering that they do have some issues that need to be adressed with high mileage. When I bought my gen3, I was looking for a LC but was not willing to spend 12 to 15k for a vehicle with over 200k miles on it, which is all that I was able to find in my area, and I did not want to finance a 20 to 30k car with 100k miles either because if I do that then it would not feel right offroading and potentially destroying a car that I am making payments on.
As far as for the sticky it would be cool if you add some info on general maintenance items and service interwals and info such as wihich fluids to use, links to best oem part suppliers as well as reputable aftermarket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears