Gerber Military Tactical LMF II - A.S.E.K. Knife $59

barlowrs

Explorer
The original ASEKs (such as Ontario) were made to MIL-K-8662 which was later adopted by SAE-AS8662. I beleive this knife still falls under this spec (incase anyone really wants to know the spec).

Mamontof

Explorer
Yeah, I know the difference but have not yet found the official military test acceptance documents yet. I don't think they posted on YouTube though! :elkgrin:

a Government conspiracy WOW , no info regard test o metal

Do you think Jim , you can said your Pro opinion regarding that cheap imitation

ddmpk10ti10.jpg

topsknivestrackertktbt0.jpg

kb1463.jpg

stxl03hp.jpg
stxl03hp.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/i/stxl03hp.jpg/

Jim i can explained why only some hay i like sharp things to remove dirt under my nails and that knife some hay work best for that (i know i wrong )

Jim in your pro opinion the knifes what i post can not penetrate your Plexiglass ?

I really appreciated your Pro honest opinion , please let me know if that a good Brand and if that knife good inaf to cut a kielbasas on a trail ?

Sincerely whole yours , Alex

Mamontof

Explorer
Did you guys eat breakfast this morning or take the bus?

Can you believe walk several long city blocks on non clean from snow :trail:
i so froze and mad , nay i forget why and about what :)
Can any remind me ???

Do you need a pro knife to brake a plexiglass or screwdriver from 99 C crate the same pro hole ?

Newer understand reason buy some fancy things to create simple work

I think main point of this post hay good that particular knife , so can we see some laboratory result ...hay good that steel , and reason why that knife not in sale Special Force store ?
Maybe GOV people do not know hay Good this knife - can cut paper and penetrate can of soda

Some people can penetrate can of soda with a finger - should be illegal have a finger in a pocket ?(knife illegal to care in NYC)

I simple try understand why that knife so GOOD :... as on sale , or as some do not wont to share reason of advertise that knife for better sell ...:ylsmoke:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Can you believe walk several long city blocks on non clean from snow :trail:
i so froze and mad , nay i forget why and about what :)
Can any remind me ???

Do you need a pro knife to brake a plexiglass or screwdriver from 99 C crate the same pro hole ?

Newer understand reason buy some fancy things to create simple work

I think main point of this post hay good that particular knife , so can we see some laboratory result ...hay good that steel , and reason why that knife not in sale Special Force store ?
Maybe GOV people do not know hay Good this knife - can cut paper and penetrate can of soda

Some people can penetrate can of soda with a finger - should be illegal have a finger in a pocket ?(knife illegal to care in NYC)

I simple try understand why that knife so GOOD :... as on sale , or as some do not wont to share reason of advertise that knife for better sell ...:ylsmoke:

To me a good knife can do all of the following

1. not be easily lost (pocket knife or too small folders)
  2. holds a good edge
  3. doesn't easily rust
  4. is not so expensive I hate to bang it up or sharpen it myself
  5. feels good in my hand
  6. takes unplanned abuse in stride :ylsmoke:

That is about the extent of my "Pro" opinion :elkgrin: Well there may be more but I need to go eat dinner.

For everyday use a semi serrated Benchmade AFCK is nice. For a lot of camping where knives get heavily abused I have a bunch of inexpensive black Gov't contract Camillus K-Bars with parkerized blades.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
a Government conspiracy WOW , no info regard test o metal

Do you think Jim , you can said your Pro opinion regarding that cheap imitation

ddmpk10ti10.jpg

topsknivestrackertktbt0.jpg

kb1463.jpg

stxl03hp.jpg
stxl03hp.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/i/stxl03hp.jpg/

Jim i can explained why only some hay i like sharp things to remove dirt under my nails and that knife some hay work best for that (i know i wrong )

Jim in your pro opinion the knifes what i post can not penetrate your Plexiglass ?

I really appreciated your Pro honest opinion , please let me know if that a good Brand and if that knife good inaf to cut a kielbasas on a trail ?

Sincerely whole yours , Alex

Cutting a kielbasa will get it greasy and might violate the warranty. I like the Glock. Pull the trigger, it goes bang. Repeat until mag is empty.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Did you guys eat breakfast this morning or take the bus?

Hook, line, and sinker.

I see you have nothing to offer twice in a row except for unsolicited and obviously grumpy potshots. Do you have anything civil and on-topic to offer about the knife in question? Any actual personal experience with this type of knife at all?

Expo is made up of all sorts of people with different rigs, passions and lives. In all of your threads about UFOs, Craigslist ads or bolting campers to pickup beds, did anybody make similar off-topic and grumpy statements? No. In your threads you were treated respectfully, humor was playful and the discourse was civil. What is so hard to understand about thoughtful discourse or trying to be on-topic, civil and respectful?

Albin

Adventurer
The original ASEKs (such as Ontario) were made to MIL-K-8662 which was later adopted by SAE-AS8662. I beleive this knife still falls under this spec (incase anyone really wants to know the spec).

I difference I noted (I got the SAE spec from work - PM if anyone wants a copy) is that the SAE spec calls for a leather grip and sheath, neither of which the Gerber LMF II has, but the original ASEK does. Just what I saw in the 2-5 seconds I glanced at it while saving it on my HD.

I don't know what spec the LMF II was made against.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I difference I noted (I got the SAE spec from work - PM if anyone wants a copy) is that the SAE spec calls for a leather grip and sheath, neither of which the Gerber LMF II has, but the original ASEK does. Just what I saw in the 2-5 seconds I glanced at it while saving it on my HD.

I don't know what spec the LMF II was made against.

Your post made me Google a bit more and I found an interesting page here.
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_edged_weapons_tools_asek.php

They did mention that the knife was designed primarily for Army (helicopter?) air crews. The butt is more flat with a "spike" for scoring or breaking Plexiglass and the web cutting tool has a honing rod attached to it rather than the sharpener built into the sheath.

NSN: 1095-01-518-6832

Mamontof

Explorer
Cutting a kielbasa will get it greasy and might violate the warranty. I like the Glock. Pull the trigger, it goes bang. Repeat until mag is empty.

Jim Real Man brake kielbasa in half and share with a friend !

Grease heal a metal , prevent to rust ( except diving Titanium knife - they some hay illegal sell in USA ) why why why ???
All good things illegal to have ( all most all )

Glock - i Love your choice , Man mast Love Good Fragile things why can hold a trigger

I am not shure what you like so i post bowght fragile model
1candy05.jpg

1t071704160ab1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12