German 94 ZJ build

Hi guys,
here are a few pics of my buddy`s 94 ZJ build. It`s build similar to my rig, so we can travel together...

Today we made sure that the tires are not rubbing. Those are 32" Boggers...

img_7780nspe.jpg

img_7781dsif.jpg

Speed car lift :Wow1:

img_7786aq9u.jpg

Oh, and it`s the right weather to work outside...

img_00891ctq7.jpg

The owner under his car:

img_7788obl7.jpg

Hmm, there`s something wrong :Wow1:

img_7789galo.jpg

A little ghetto fab:

img_7790lbi8.jpg

It`s better, but far away from good:

img_7792iz2d.jpg

The jeep is almost stock, just has the following parts:
-2" Spacer
-32x10,5" Bogger copies
-Cb
-cut bumper
-LPG

Just bought some V8 front springs. We`re going to put them on front and the 4.0 front ones in the back. Should provide a bit of extra lift...

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Howdy, nicely done, especially out in the driveway!

I have been to Ulm many times when we lived in Germany, and have a few friends there... I dont miss the German winter!

Welcome to EXPO

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
Make sure to put a little more work into that control arm mount on the axle. It was weakened when it got bent in the first place, and it's now even weaker after bending it back kinda straight. My suggestion would be to weld an all new mount on to the axle. You don't want that mount failing.

Hi StumpXJ, I`ve read your thread a few times, really nice rig you built... Unfortunately our garages are too small, so we do everything in the driveway...

And that control arm mount is just temporarily, it`ll be replaced with a new one. We´re going to reinforce them additionally...

Let`s wait for the V8 springs to show up...

madZJ

Observer
A front to rear spring swap nets about 3.5" of lift, I think your going to need some spacers for the front.

cyclic

Adventurer
Yep, put the front spring in the rear removing the spacer. Then the v8 spring in front with the spacer should net you a complete 3 inch lift. Don't forget to hammer the front frender seam flat to keep from cutting tires. last thing to note start thinking about adjustable/stronger track bars. Anything over the 2 inch spacer kit starts shifting the axle to the side alot.

Long time since the last update, but we finally started the roof rack today...

First we made sure easy access to the roof and removed thetiny factory rack. The owner at his favorite "working" on this pic:

img_8266urnw.jpg

Then we layed down the tubes and figured out the best way to built it:

img_8268utgz.jpg

First part`s layed out:

img_8270kpkd.jpg

Mockup of the mounts:

img_82749q06.jpg

Mocked up and tacked together:

img_8275fspn.jpg

Me, welding it together:

img_8288douh.jpg

Welding:

img_82910oay.jpg

The rtt will be on front, open to the front. Spare tire, zarges box and two jerry cans will mount behind the rtt...

We just finished the rack today...

Start of the tire and jerry can carrier:

img_8317blrt.jpg

Finished and primered:

img_8320xxw0.jpg

img_8323qzwj.jpg

We`ll herculiner the rack tomorrow and install it along with the rtt. So, stay tuned for updates... :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears