Ghost Towns & Railroad Run 4-19-08

Supergper

sami said:
how many years did you do that Caleb? Next time we go i'll let you know. That way you can end up with a white DC taco, just like i ended up with a white 4runner :)... it'll help appease some of these 'ExPo white' guys ;) i kid i kid. That was a shot at Paul.

I too think it's stupid to blast signs. Alot of signs had the BLM logo blasted off of them, wierd... someone's runnin around with a 12 gauge and a vendetta..

-Jason

I did it for five years. I only spent a couple up on the north arm but I did visit up north almost every year to maintain our Marina we had up there. Definitely let me know next time you go, I'd love to tag along. I really want to get back out to the west/northwest side of the lake and do some more exploring out there. :)

sami

Explorer
Supergper said:
.... I'd love to tag along. I really want to get back out to the west/northwest side of the lake and do some more exploring out there. :)

I think that's our plan for next time :)

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Awesome trip, great pics, good writeup.

I got to that area back in 2002, camped out near the North edge of the lake, near some strange little site that had a bunch of small concrete foundations. I was never able to figure out what it was but it was very odd looking, there were even some old railroad ties that indicated a railroad went out into the lake.

That is some beautiful country out there. You are lucky to have places you can go to in early Spring, as here in CO most of the better trails stay snowed in until well into June or even July.

SLC97SR5

Observer
Here is a sign posting warning regarding the area near the large Rock jutting from the Flats. As far as I can tell it is called Monument Point. :088:

KeltonGhostTownSpring2008005.jpg

We had a great time!

I can't believe that Dodge Caravan...Ivan Stewart must have been late for a Magnaflow endorsement, it seriously dusted us while we were averaging 45+mph!

Paul- you did a great job as our historian and guide.
Sami-Excellent write up and photos.

Thanks again for having us along, sure wish we could have done the whole trip...Sami, enjoy that mileage-I don't think you'll be pulling those numbers for very long!!

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Nice pics. Haven't been up that way yet.

Also, FYI, your tank is 18.5 gallons, so you would've been okay for another ~60 miles or so. I've heard that the fuel gauge wasn't very accurate on pre-2001 Toyota SUV/Trucks. My 98 4Runner's gauge would be all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179