GhostRHR

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Auto w/ 4.10
- 430N
- Dual Tops
- Side airbags
- Auto Temp Control

This is my first Jeep, I have only had it for less then 2 months and I am already wondering why I waited so long to get one! This will be a pretty slow and methodical build. As i want to really research each component I add. Also trying to do work to my house at the same time so a lot of big purchases at one time just isn't realistic. I'm sure a lot of people may disagree with some of the choices I make along the way and that is ok I will appreciate the feed back either way. So far all I have done is 20% Tint on the front windows to match, and 13" black billet antenna. Since lighting seems to be a big weakness for me with the wrangler I decided to tackle some of that first!

Currently on order:
- JW Speaker Evolution J 8700 LED headlights (black housing)
- JW Speaker Model 279 J Series LED Taillights
- JW Speaker 6145 J Series fog lights (black housing) w/ wiring harness adapter

Ideas for future mods
- 50" Light Bar
- Genisis Dual battery kit
- SPOD ( or other switch option for accessories)
- Winch (currently leaning towards Zeon 8s)
- 3.5" lift
- Wheels and 35" Tires (leaning towards 20" wheels as I love the look on 4doors)
a little stock photo more to come as the build progresses

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Nice looking Jeep, love the color. Welcome to the club. How do you intend to use your Jeep?

GhostRHR

Planning on a mild Expo build nothing too crazy as I don't want to waste money on crazy gadgets just to say I have them but as I progress and meet more people within the community and hopefully plan some trips I will learn what I NEED and what will be nice to have and build from there.

GhostRHR

Brown Santa arrived with gifts! I know not very Expo orientated but its progress! Ordered from Rubitrux the brackets for foglights were not in the box so contacted them and they said they would ship them to me immediately! Hopefully will install the headlights and fogs early next week before heading to GA for my buddies wedding!

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 14

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I hear you on the slow mods. Mine's a '13 and I've barely touched it. It does everything I need it to do and has very good on-road manners. I did a ton of mods to my first Jeep and pretty much ruined the drivability. Not going to make that mistake again. Your build plan looks solid. Personally, I would go with 17's or 18's rather than 20's. Airing the tires down will be more effective and create a greater contact patch, and they'll be more comfortable off-road. Just my two cents for what it's worth. Enjoy!

GhostRHR

I hear you on the slow mods. Mine's a '13 and I've barely touched it. It does everything I need it to do and has very good on-road manners. I did a ton of mods to my first Jeep and pretty much ruined the drivability. Not going to make that mistake again. Your build plan looks solid. Personally, I would go with 17's or 18's rather than 20's. Airing the tires down will be more effective and create a greater contact patch, and they'll be more comfortable off-road. Just my two cents for what it's worth. Enjoy!

Yeah I'm actually thinking of getting a cheap 2nd set or using the stock wheels for off road stuff and just keeping the 20's for daily driving as I really do like the look but again its a cost thing that I will have to evaluate.

GhostRHR

Headlights installed! Love these such a huge differnce in light output and just the color of the light alone helps tremendously you can really see the difference against the color of the stock fogs. Still waiting on the bracket to come from RubiTrux though so I can get these fog lights installed. Also put a couple of other things on order.

M.O.R.E Dead Pedal
Front GraBars

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 11

GhostRHR

So my birthday is coming up and the wife gave me a $300-$400 budget and i'm trying to think of some suggestions of things to possibly get me. There are ALOT of small items I could add to the list but i would like to keep MOST things as functional as possible. Any suggestions?

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
So my birthday is coming up and the wife gave me a $300-$400 budget and i'm trying to think of some suggestions of things to possibly get me. There are ALOT of small items I could add to the list but i would like to keep MOST things as functional as possible. Any suggestions?

CB would be a good investment and still gives you plenty of room to spend money elsewhere:)

GhostRHR

Finally got my Maximus-3 winch mount and installed a Warn ZEON 10S, with Factor 55 1.5 fairlead, and Flatlink E.

Attachments

• winch.jpg
    winch.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 8
  • winch2.jpg
    winch2.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 7

GhostRHR

a little photo op I did for a website.

Attachments

• big splash.jpg
    big splash.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 00046.MTS.03_04_11_11.Still006-2.jpg
    00046.MTS.03_04_11_11.Still006-2.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 8
  • shiny.jpg
    shiny.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 8

GhostRHR

Got my Teraflex 3" Sport S/T 3 w/ Fox Shocks installed this weekend. Along with my Fuel Trophy 17x8.5 -6 wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5x17 Tires. So far I love this set up rides really well on the street well get some off-road use next month on a short trip to GA for some overlanding fun to really see how it rides and get a good review of the suspension and tires especially since there isn't much out there on these tires although everything i have heard so far has been great!

Attachments

• IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 5

GhostRHR

Wow... I haven't posted on here in forever! Well there have been quite a few changes!

Genesis Dual Battery Kit with G-screen
IMG_0063.jpg

ARB Dual Compressor with Metal Cloak Bracket and SPOD
IMG_0064.jpgIMG_0062.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior