Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

Mules

Thanks for the Earthroamer XV-JP reminder. They stopped making this camper, but it would be a cool Gladiator Platform.

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 6.24.24 AM.png

Reactions: Ark

Mules

Here's one major debatable decision I made. I kept the freedom tops in when building my camper. I still love going open air. but I gave up a lot of camper room.

If I extended the bed over the freedom tops, I would be able to walk in the back of the camper without pushing up the bed platform.

Did I make the right decision? What would you do?

IMG_6930.JPG

Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 9.43.30 AM.png

Last edited:

IceColeNH

Here's one major debatable decision I made. I kept the freedom tops in when building my camper. I still love going open air. but I gave up a lot of camper room.

If I extended the bed over the freedom tops, I would be able to walk in the back of the camper without pushing up the bed platform.

Did I make the right decision? What would you do?

View attachment 825818

View attachment 825819
You made an informed decision. Having the ability to still have open air when driving is a benefit. Sometimes, one has to make sacrifices.

Love your setup!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ITTOG

I would have kept the freedom tops as well. Without them there is no reason to have a keep.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Mules

Anyone for breakfast?

IMG_9803.jpegIMG_9804.jpeg

12 hours of running my diesel heater overnight plus running my electric skillet for dinner and breakfast. My Pecron 600 is down to 45%. Not bad for such a small power supply. My truck will recharge it on the drive home today.

IMG_9805.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave in AZ

Anyone for breakfast?

View attachment 825902View attachment 825903

12 hours of running my diesel heater overnight plus running my electric skillet for dinner and breakfast. My Pecron 600 is down to 45%. Not bad for such a small power supply. My truck will recharge it on the drive home today.

View attachment 825904
Nice! Hey, couple things your post reminded me:
1. Pecron is having a sale right now, e1500LFP is $799 plus another 5 or 10% off using ReeWrayOutdoors code from his latest youtube post. If you're interested. Also their e600 also on sale if you want another.

2. Your post last night on a Saturday night camp got me psyched... I couldn't leave home, but decided to pull truck out of garage, pop camper in driveway and do a test sleep as it was supposed to be pretty cold last night, I was gonna run diesel heater on Pecron and take some data. Well, about the time I was getting set, it started to drizzle, I looked on radar and big storm coming thru, supposed to rain all night! I said, "NOPE!" And pulled back into garage lol. You got me psyched to "camp", but not THAT psyched! ;)

m-l_johnny

That can be a tough call on the freedom panels.
I have an overhead rack in the center and have my comms mounted on the top, so everything is out of the way. I have to remove the freedom panels if I need to access them.

Mules

Nice! Hey, couple things your post reminded me:
1. Pecron is having a sale right now, e1500LFP is $799 plus another 5 or 10% off using ReeWrayOutdoors code from his latest youtube post. If you're interested. Also their e600 also on sale if you want another.

2. Your post last night on a Saturday night camp got me psyched... I couldn't leave home, but decided to pull truck out of garage, pop camper in driveway and do a test sleep as it was supposed to be pretty cold last night, I was gonna run diesel heater on Pecron and take some data. Well, about the time I was getting set, it started to drizzle, I looked on radar and big storm coming thru, supposed to rain all night! I said, "NOPE!" And pulled back into garage lol. You got me psyched to "camp", but not THAT psyched! ;)
Looks like we think alike. The first night I got my Diesel Heater installed, I went driveway camping :)

The diesel heater just opened up winter camping to me in Missouri. Before it, I didn't get too excited to sleep in 30 degree weather. Now, I'm toasty warm at night, and can enjoy these 40-60 degree days biking/hiking without all the summer bugs.

Now it's my bug out camper. Leave some cans of stew/chili, your favorite beverages, and a 5 gallon jug of water in the truck, and I can bug out from work on Friday. Also the National Forest and State Parks aren't crowed this time of year.

GO CAMPING!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior