GM 0% and deferred payments for COVID

ttengineer

Adventurer
I knew that they were doing this for trucks, but not all vehicles.

My wife does want a third row car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayra

Expedition Leader
Keep in mind you have to have A+ rating to get this "special"...
That's the funny part. To qualify, you have to basically be smart enough with money not to need this, or enter into it during such economic uncertainty.

Great deal on a new-model 2020 DesperationHD, if you are independently wealthy, though.

eta Too, today's announcement of a 90 day pushback on tax filings sort of pulls the rug out too. Businesses have banked on the folks who get large returns spending them on cars, trips, capital goods, ********** dab in this period of time. Everyone's going to need that money to replace being out of work, possibly out of a job, or to pay the credit card balance on all the TP and groceries they just bought.
UAW just called for a two week shutdown too.
So automaker stocks should be plummeting right behind cruise and air lines, next.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Who’s not getting paid?

Everyone I know or have heard of is getting paid.

I’m in construction, and it’s business as usual for us.

I get servers and bartenders are out of work, but for those in a professional setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phsycle

Adventurer
Who’s not getting paid?

I get servers and bartenders are out of work, but for those in a professional setting?

My neighbor is a director of a group of tour guides (international travels). Plenty there no getting paid. Hotel staff. Sub teachers. Small businesses. Plenty not getting paid right now.

You’re in construction. Have you not heard what is going on in Boston?

D

Deleted member 9101

Well..if I needed a new vehicle I'd be all over it. I could finance it at 0% and then leave my money invested elsewhere earning a return.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9101

That's the funny part. To qualify, you have to basically be smart enough with money not to need this, or enter into it during such economic uncertainty.

Or to be smart enough to know the value borrowing at 0% ;-)

rayra

Expedition Leader
Who’s not getting paid?

Lot of us are in States and cities with panic-mongering officials, ordering places and business categories shut they really don't have a right to. It's a cascading series of events here in L.A. Esp. with entertainment and movie industry stuff shuttering. Ripple effects all over. Not even a week and there's fallout all over.
I do some residential remodeling work (kitchens and bathrooms, mostly) as a side thing and that's pretty much puckering shut as everyone huddles up at home.

D

Deleted member 9101

That is very true. cuts both ways, especially if one is in a position to take advantage of it.

It goes back to the old saying "the rich keep getting richer." They know when to use someone elses money to save/make them money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle