GM Towing mirror question

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Quick question. I have seen the newer style GM towing mirrors on 96-99 body style Subs. Is this easy to do? Will i have to modify or can I just bolt it in? Just wondering because the original mirrors absolutely suck. Thanks!

1stDeuce

Explorer
I put the '99-05 manual pull-out style towing mirrors on my '96. I had to re-drill one hole of the three. They didn't match the door contours perfectly, but close enough that they looked ok and worked very well! There is a downside... The passenger side glass is flat, not convex, so you can't see much. All the gm wide mirrors are this way so far as I can tell. Works OK with a trailer, but not so good for spotting lanes. The early pull-out mirrors had a built in spot mirror in them on both sides. The later ones only had it on the driver's side.
Chris

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Thanks for the input here you guys. the ones was thinking about are the ones off of Ebay. They look like what came on my '06 Duramax. I saw some of the same on another '99 and figured there would have to be some fab work involved, which doesn't bother me. Thanks again!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12