gmc savana going under the knife

Gunracer1

well i am building up this 01 gmc conversion van. and after a bunch of searching i can't find any info about converting one to 4wd. this one will be mostly used for burning down the highway between my house and my place in aguilar colorado. with some trail riding thrown in for good measure. i don't think it will see anything worse that a class 4 trail. but it will be built tough enough to go where i want. i have a 03 ford high pinion dana 60 with ford leaves for the front and a dana 60 from a 3/4 ton dodge for the rear. unless i get lucky and find a 14 bolt with 4.10 gears in it cheap. and a set of 33 inch goodyears all terrians.
and here is a tidbit that gmc/chevy van owners will like, 1995 suburban springs bolt right in place of the factory rear springs and give it a much better set up for hauling. the set i bolted in mine came from a 1500 with the tow package option. 4 leaves and a overload spring. and still rides very nice down the road. made a class 3 style reciever and opened up the exhaust this weekend.haven't done much more yet but will be doing a bunch before christmas. i will update the thread when i get some more work done.

Gunracer1

well my wife overheated the van and i think cracked the head. so i went out looking for another motor. i eneded up picking up a 99 suburban with 140k on the 350. and the 4l60 and t case will go right in the van just fine. i never really liked the idea of the 305 to begine with. and it looks like i got a deal coming on a set of 02 f250 superduty axles to go underneath it. now to just get the time to get putting it all together. mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger