Going from prototype to full production must not be easy for new Integrated Overland Campers

rruff

Explorer
I liked the idea of the biggest little truck (3500) with a hard side box as we already have the truck and it’s the next step in the compromise.
Plenty of ways to do that, and I think for the great majority of people it's more sensible. If you have a fairly recent pickup model, then you have stiff frame which negates the need for a pivoting subframe. I'd remove the bed and build something custom that has storage under and on the sides, and still keeps a low platform (some places are making these, like Bowen). Get a quality slide-in that meets your requirements, and have fun. Versatile and easy to trade campers if you want. Could also go flatbed at the start, but that would limit your options.

renottse

Could also go flatbed at the start, but that would limit your options.

That’s our current set up and your right about options, though since we got our box, the box options have improved and some have even dragged themselves into the modern age.

We’ve got at minimum two years poking our nose into places we just fit (yes chainsaw) then we’ll try transitioning to camping over exploring, hence hard box.

Watched, read, listened to box builds on here and thought about building a box, I’ll see how life pans it’s lense in the next couple of years, I know I want a shed to build/house the box in, so that’s first.

Appreciate all your information and insights shared over time, got to make sure it’s the thing me and management want to actually vs theoretically do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online