Gold Butte So. NV. 29 Nov 08

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
Monthly Run for www.SNLC.org & decided to run Gold Butte while we still can (check out Gold Butte under land use)

A bit over an hour to turn off from Vegas, we went in through Mesquite and topped off before a long day on the trails.

A good example why you shouldn't wheel alone - the 80 just had new rotoors installed & shop was sloppy with proper torque on caliper bolts

Checked out this big a** hole in the ground called Devil's Throat.

On the Way to Gold Butte

Not much left of Gold Butte

nvprospector

Adventurer
I love that area. I spent the whole year of '98 in that area exploring all the trails. There is a really good one that leads you from the Gold Butte area to the Grand Gulch area, which is 60 miles south of Saint George in the Arizona Strip, then all the connecting roads up to Saint George for the finish. It can be done in one day, but that is hard driving.

Thanks for Sharing

-Tim-

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
nvprospector said:
I love that area. I spent the whole year of '98 in that area exploring all the trails. There is a really good one that leads you from the Gold Butte area to the Grand Gulch area, which is 60 miles south of Saint George in the Arizona Strip, then all the connecting roads up to Saint George for the finish. It can be done in one day, but that is hard driving.

Thanks for Sharing

-Tim-

Thanks

It's a area I need to explore more - I've dine most of the trails in Logondale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger