Goldenmate Battery Quality?

OregonLC

Observer
Anyone with experience? I'm currently running a Battleborn in another truck and have had zero issues. Looking to upgrade the 200 and found Goldenmate on the splash page of 'MUD. It's 1/3 the price. I'm definitely a 'buy once, cry once' but this is a big amount to overcome.

My specific question is do you have direct experience or direct knowledge of someone running a Goldenmate?

The one downside is that Goldenmate doesn't offer a heated battery. Since this one will be inside the vehicle, it's much less of an issue than inside an unheated topper.

OregonLC

Observer
These have peaked my interest also, have you found any first hand experience with them yet.

Goldenmate reached out to me personally on Insta and offered a free battery to review. After some consideration, I declined the offer and decided to go with Battleborn again. My decision was twofold: 1) Goldenmate is a completely Chinese company and I'm choosing to keep my money with an US company. While Dragonfly (Battleborn) imports their cells (there are no domestic Li cells AFAIK) there cells are unique to them and don't share a common part number with other brands. Further, their assembly, warranty support, and R&D is all domestic. This is something I can get behind. And 2) there are some videos out there of folks who have cut open various batteries to compare construction. Battleborn is a standout in their internal quality.

OTHO, Woody from 'MUD replied to thread over there that he's had a positive experience with Goldenmate.

For me, I'm willing to pay for quality and want to support local. Not an inexpensive decision, but this is where I landed.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
1) Goldenmate is a completely Chinese company and I'm choosing to keep my money with an US company.

I'll second your reasoning for going with Battleborn, but;

They already let Chinese companies in to compete here in the States, understanding that profits go to owner's equity, but where does the majority of revenues go? US taxes paid, rents, utilities, "American" insurance, fuel costs, shipping, advertising, employees payroll and more taxes, office expenses, accounting, legal support and equipment acquired and maintained. Then, could it be that lower prices simply cover costs of doing business here?

Before I'm accused of defending Chinese interests, I'd think a better reason might be to ensure that I don't support a company which may provide a power source to a freaking missel aimed at my house! :)

OregonLC

Observer
In this case, all communications were from China. I don't believe there is any American entity. Possibly some corporate taxes paid, but at the end of the day it's not supporting an American business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12