good kid sleeping bag?

86tuning

Adventurer
In Canada MEC sells a down sleeping bag in child sizes. We have two of them and they're awesome. Just make sure your kids know to not breathe into them (keep the nose and mouth outside, use the hood properly) and they'll last forever. Or until they out grow them.

Mad Matt

Adventurer
My boys are using REI Kindercone's at the moment. The 2.5yr old still doesn't sleep "in" the bag, but with the bag fully unzipped he will sleep comfortably under it all night. This has been the first summer that the 5yr old has slept fully zipped up. So I would recommend good insulated sleeping pads if your kids are likely not to sleep zipped up yet. We have had a few below freezing nights this year and even though the bags are rated to 30 degrees, they stayed warm and happy.

sleddogsam

Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) has excellent mummy bags that have a wide variety of temperature ratings. Look for small or small fitting regular. They are moderately priced and very good quality.

Ours have been handed down twice now since they were outgrown. Always stored unstuffed and in a cool dry place. I also recommend one temperature rating colder than you think you'll need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We bought North Face women's mummy bags of the kids when they were 4 and 5 for a month long trip out west. They are slightly shorter and had a little more girth. Daughter, now in college, still using it,. My son is too tall, but my wife uses it sometimes.
My advice - skip the kids bags!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman