Goodyear Wrangler Boulder mt tire.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Maybe a replacement for the Durtrac

Have you seen these? BFGoodrich® HD-Terrain T/A® KT Some pretty high weight capacity
I'll check them out. Also want to check out the new KO3's. Living up north though, def want something 3 peak rated.
So far not terribly impressed with the Toyo AT3's on my truck.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
I'll check them out. Also want to check out the new KO3's. Living up north though, def want something 3 peak rated.
So far not terribly impressed with the Toyo AT3's on my truck.
I have been super impressed with Durtrac and Faulken Tires as far as AT tires go. For MT I have been REALLY impressed with Patagonia MT. These are all on bigger rigs 3/4 ton- 1 Ton rigs

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Anyone seen any actual tests/reviews on these yet? I'm not finding anything. I've never really been a fan of Goodyear tires, but I think I like the look of these, curious how they will perform..

Also not many sizes available for those of us running 16" wheels..

Attachments

• goodyear-wrangler-boulder-mt.jpg
    goodyear-wrangler-boulder-mt.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 18

LRNAD90

Adventurer
I can't see anywhere if it mentions it's 3 peak rated. Maybe I 'm just missing it but guessing it's not.

Wouldn't expect it to carry that. I don't think I've ever seen a MT with the rating. Winter rubber compounds tend to be really soft and not very durable for offroad use. The few off-road tires that carry the rating generally have lots of sipping, and a tread pattern that is not too open so that snow packs the tread (given that snow sticks to snow better than rubber). Think BFG Ko3 and Wrangler Duratrac are probbably the best known off road tires that carry the rating..

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Wouldn't expect it to carry that. I don't think I've ever seen a MT with the rating. Winter rubber compounds tend to be really soft and not very durable for offroad use. The few off-road tires that carry the rating generally have lots of sipping, and a tread pattern that is not too open so that snow packs the tread (given that snow sticks to snow better than rubber). Think BFG Ko3 and Wrangler Duratrac are probbably the best known off road tires that carry the rating..
Yes, my Duratrac's were much better in winter than I'm finding my current AT3's.
I was hoping these may carry the 3 peak rating as another option for my next tires.

These look promising too.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 104625.png

Not really aggressive. But if I'm honest with how I use my truck, winter and towing capability are more important than off road prowess. These come in load range E in my size (34") and look to have decent siping.

XJLI

Adventurer
Yes, my Duratrac's were much better in winter than I'm finding my current AT3's.
I was hoping these may carry the 3 peak rating as another option for my next tires.

View attachment 813381

Not really aggressive. But if I'm honest with how I use my truck, winter and towing capability are more important than off road prowess. These come in load range E in my size (34") and look to have decent siping.
Everyone who has these hates them. They came on Trailhawk WKs and the LR Defender.

Clrussell

Boulder MT is not 3 peak rated.

Duratrac RT is. Also 3 ply sidewall on both, a huge improvement for the duratrac.

I’ll grab some real world duratrac Rt pictures when I get back to the shop. We have a few sets in stock.

Clrussell

View attachment 813381

I currently have a worn out set of these on my 3/4 ton diesel.

Absolutely dead silent still, snow traction last year was still above average. We have sold thousands of sets of this tire. If they made it in a 35 -17” wheel it would be all I ran.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior