Gorgeous '77 FJ40 spotted locally...

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Looks like a well built truck to me. I'm not sure if the comments are from a purist angle or what (doubtful, nobody with an "opinion" appears to own a 40),

My opinions I shared are simply my own personal taste. I like a truck or my truck to look a certain way, I don't mind resto mods one bit but feel a truck should keep it's original look. Again, my comments are simply opinion about my personal taste, nothing more and nothing less.

Had the thread been, "look what I just bought!" I probably wouldn't have shared my opinions. Had the thread been, "look at what I just bought, what do you think!?" I may have shared them or I may not. The thread was neither of these so no big deal. It is also fact, as I am sure you know, that a fairly stock Cruiser is worth more money. This truck doesn't have a v8 so it is still pretty much a Cruiser, less the bolts ons. And me, I like a stock Cruiser to look like a Cruiser, just my personal preference.

Cheers

p nut

butter
It's a nicely built 40, in my opinion. I would drive it. I would also drive a Jeep with a V8 as well.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
You guys to realize I was kidding, right? Personally, I think it looks great. But then again, almost all 40's look better than mine... My ol 40 does get used pretty hard, though:
20130609_121243_zpse6a32f57.jpg

DenCo40

Adventurer
whenever i see diamond plate, i think the person who built it is a ************* retard. useless garbage.
Wow! Not cool at all. Maybe if you asked the person whats up instead of talking trash. At least they have it on the road. Mine is the same way. The reason is because when I bought it there was nothing left of the rear quarters and untill I come up with the cash for some steel parts I'm out enjoying what I have!

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
Wow! Not cool at all. Maybe if you asked the person whats up instead of talking trash. At least they have it on the road. Mine is the same way. The reason is because when I bought it there was nothing left of the rear quarters and untill I come up with the cash for some steel parts I'm out enjoying what I have!

i agree.

i had diamond plate on my 68, there was no rust, but it was built for hardcore wheeling. the diamond plate was very thick and definitely kept corners from getting crunched. properly treated underneath and not closed off on the bottom, the body can be kept in decent condition underneath too.

not my cup of tea either, i don't like when the diamond plate just cuts off at the seam, looks unfinished. also don't like the nose hi stance and i've never liked the look of the tigertops, even when i had one, but still a nice rig

zimm

Expedition Leader
That's the first thing I thought as well, built like a Jeep, not a Cruiser. Probably has a V8 too.

yea. who would want to shave 200 pounds off the front end, and get better economy while being able to put out more than 150 hp (and 200 more yet) without bending a crank shaft... yea. right on. RPM sucks.

i love the smell of unburnt fuel in the morning.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Doesn't do it for me at all.

Looks taller in the front than rear, I see a 4+ S/R kit so is likely why. Don't like the diamond plate. Don't like simulated beadlock wheels. The color is to loud for me and I am not a fan of the canvas.

Cheers

look at the fenders to the tires, not the tilted horizon of the photo, and wide angle lens distortion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998