Gorilla winches

chasespeed

Explorer
That Olympus has my attention. I pull logs, trees, equipment, etc. So, my use isnt really 'recreational'. I would love that olympus in a 12 or 15k.... and wire rope, not synthetic....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
That Olympus has my attention. I pull logs, trees, equipment, etc. So, my use isnt really 'recreational'. I would love that olympus in a 12 or 15k.... and wire rope, not synthetic....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

You should really check out the Endurance 12.0. 12,000 lb. capacity, fan cooling, amazing duty cycle. It has the longest duty cycle of any electric winch on the market (not including the Olympus).

We do make a line of "industrial" winches in both hydraulic and electric versions, too.

http://www.warn.com/industrial/winches.shtml

- Andy

Akecj7

Observer
We do have such as winch, but it's an industrial unit called the Olympus 25. It isn't applicable to the recreational market, though.

Our Endurance 12.0 is a heck of a winch. It's fan-cooled, and has an amazing duty cycle. Only one speed, but it pulls all day.

http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/12.0-endurance.shtml

- Andy

The Olympus looks great, wish is was a little smaller (that would fit into the AEV front bumper) and avalible for recreational applications. The 12.0 will not fit in the AEV bumper. I am considering a hydrualic winch for my JK but something like this would work better for me.

mac66

Observer
Since this thread started out about Gorilla winches (now called Promark Offoad) I will add my 2 cents. I had one on my ATV for the last 4-5 years. I put a 8,000 lb one on my full size Bronco based on the performance on my ATV.

I use the one on my ATVs quite frequently on my hunting property. Only used the one on the Bronco twice and only once for an extraction, before I sold the Bronco. I never had a failure with either of them.

Having said that, I consider them light to moderate use winches. If you need a winch for 'just in case' I think they would be a good value on a large vehicle. If you need a winch for everything, all the time then you need to invest in something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998