Got a new stove Stansport Tuff Stove

kai38

Explorer
I just got it today $121.00 including shipping from Wal-Mart.
I was tired of my 1.5 yr old Coleman breaking and smelling like propane when using it.
The reason was a cracked fuel line, if you have a Coleman you might want to check this nut behind where the regulator screws in.
DSCF6020.JPG

Back to the Stansport Tuff Stove, its heavy shipping weight was close to 23lbs, looks well made, heavy duty hinges on lid & wind screens, has removable 15k BTU burners & grill and 8ft propane hose. Hose will only work off of a bulk propane tank or with an adapter you can use a 1lb cylinder. 18x12x7 fits into a Pelican case but it's heavy enough so I think I'll use a helmet flight bag that it also fits perfectly into.
I've never seen this stove on the shelf at the Wal-Mart stores
DSCF6037.JPG

DSCF6028.JPG

Heavy duty hinges on wind wings
DSCF6030.JPG

Lid hinges
DSCF6031.JPG

Removable burners & grill
DSCF6033.JPG

Recessed knobs to protect them from getting smashed
DSCF6034.JPG

DSCF6035.JPG

I'll get to test it out at the end of the month on a trip through NM & AZ

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I like alot of features on that stove...
the removable grill..
the recessed knobs...

Looking forward to your report on how it works.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Very nice!

I had one of the knobs on my Coleman 2 burner break off last trip.

The stove was in the trailer, and I never drove off the black top with it!

Very nice features and very easy to clean with the removable burners.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
That looks like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the stove world! happy0034.gif

I quite like that nesting dustpan and brush set in your pic, do you have a brand name for that please?

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
I've looked at those seriously. Looks very much like a Partner stove in layout. But at half the price!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My Coleman stove sees about 15 days of use per year ever since I bought it 5 years ago and is still going strong. But recently I found a Camp Chef setup that I couldn't pass up in the classifieds. Seeing how I am a gear junkie I might have to pick up one of these Stansport stoves and give it a whirl.

trailscape

Explorer
Bump!

I just picked one of these up from Amazon warehouse deals for $50 bucks and it's a beast of a stove but arrived with both latches busted and mangled. I was going to send it back, but considering the price I thought I might try fixing it first.

Called Stansport: "We do not carry any parts for this item" Doh!

So, now I'm trying to find any compatible latches that might work on this. They say "Maxon" on them, but so far I can't find anything. Figured I'd see if anyone has an idea before I give in and send it back.

IMG_20130911_134159.jpg

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Bump!

I just picked one of these up from Amazon warehouse deals for $50 bucks and it's a beast of a stove but arrived with both latches busted and mangled. I was going to send it back, but considering the price I thought I might try fixing it first.

Called Stansport: "We do not carry any parts for this item" Doh!

So, now I'm trying to find any compatible latches that might work on this. They say "Maxon" on them, but so far I can't find anything. Figured I'd see if anyone has an idea before I give in and send it back.

View attachment 185329

Measure it and go to Home Depot, shouldn't be too hard to match something up. And if they damaged it, why not return it anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior