Got T-Boned, Now i need repairs badly plus a new rear axle...

njtacoma

Explorer
x3 surprised they are repairing.

I know they replace frames, but with all the other damage to the doors, sills just surprised. I had a truck repaired and the quote was $6300 and the final was $7600. Friends in the industry said that was standard, your repairs will be in the $22+ range when all is done. WOW!

TheJosh

Explorer
x3 surprised they are repairing.

I know they replace frames, but with all the other damage to the doors, sills just surprised. I had a truck repaired and the quote was $6300 and the final was $7600. Friends in the industry said that was standard, your repairs will be in the $22+ range when all is done. WOW!

Nope not replacing frame, it's still straight as a arrow, it's just on the side with the slider it got bent In a bit so they will be bending it back out. And straightening the side.

So for your repairs, did the insurance cut a check once it was all done or before based on the first estimate? Cause I told them I want the check and I will pay the body shop so I was just curious how that works

njtacoma

Explorer
In my case I went with the repair shop of my choice, and then all the money was between the insurance company and the shop.

The challenge with quotes is the "the part is bent, but so is the part that the first part is attached to that you can't see" problem.

My friend that manages $15 million in repairs for a major insurance carrier said my quote was pretty close, on the small side of adjustments in his experience. He also recommended the shop based on low return rates, and quality of repair.

I use to freak out at the thought of having to have a car repaired, but the stories he tells, my repair was very straight forward, so no worries. The most expensive single part was the airbox that cracked $650 :Wow1:

Hope your repair goes well, mine wasn't as extensive as yours, but still annoying.

TheJosh

Explorer
Unless your vehicle is written off, you won't get a cheque form the Insurance Company.
It's between the company and the repair shop.

You are incorrect. You also live in Canada so the laws are different from California.

I own the car outright so I decide where the check goes and the insurance confirmed they are sending it to me.

Maybe before you chime in you should be aware that laws in the US are not the same as Canada

TheJosh

Explorer
woah, I am sorry. But usually this is how auto insurance claim is handled.
I am so sorry I offended you.

It's okay. I'm only relaying facts on this board.

Overall I'm suprised by all the negativity from this forum on this subject. If I had a bit better feedback I would like to all about what axle I'm replacing the stock one with but I guess ill just keep that to myself

nucktaco

Adventurer
how was anyone being negative? you posted **** online and people answered. maybe you shoulda just kept the whole incident to yourself to avoid being offended....:Wow1:

TheJosh

Explorer
How did it turn out Josh?

It's still going.... Truck is still in the shop, just got the two month mark. The total settlement is sitting at 20k right now. I ordered my custom axle from currie but I think it's still its about 3 weeks out.

The body work minus the fiberglass fenders will be done next Friday so that's when I will finally get to pick it up. I made the big mistake of ordering fenders from glassworks but after I placed my order with them they stopped answering my calls and 3 weeks later not a word from them so I filled a fraud claim with MasterCard and ordered my new fiberglass fenders from poly performance.

Sent from my Nexus 4

upcountry

Explorer
Yikes, sorry to hear about the bad service from a vendor. I had a similar problem with Wab-Fab a coouple of years ago, had to get the Better Business (BBB) involved and filed a complaint through them, that got results, quick.

Accidents suck. Your truck was/is insparational, so hopefully it will come out even better in the end.

Did you go with a different rear axle/suspension setup?

Post some pics of the finished product when it gets to that point.

TheJosh

Explorer
so tonight i drove down to pick up my truck since i was givin word that it was finally complete. i loaded up the tundra and went to my buddys house to borrow his trailer to haul my truck back home. after 90 mins i got to the body shop and found my truck waiting. it looked awesome, paint was all fresh and i couldnt wait to load it up and take it home...

then i was checking all the paint and found a drip on each door near the door handles. i brought it to the owners attention and he was very apologetic and pissed off that this wasnt found earlier. and after closer inspection he determined it was on the base coat and the whole doors would need to be repainted so i basically wasted my whole afternoon going down there for this. he said it would be ready again on thursday and he asked what he could do to make it better and i mentions the dented lower body panel on my driver side rear door and he said he would do that body work and paint it so that made the situation much better for me...

anywho i was able to actuall pick up al my new shocks!!

here is some pics

DSCF7485_zpse613e8d3.jpg

DSCF7484_zpsae9ce518.jpg

DSCF7483_zps981fb10e.jpg

DSCF7482_zpsae67f729.jpg

Followed your thread for a while now. I'm glad things are looking up! Sweet shocks, by the way. Kings are drool-worthy. Post pics of your girl when she's all fixed up! :luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger