GPS antenna / puck recomendations

Casper

Adventurer
The exact same set up that I am using - works fine

Sweet, good to hear. I ordered the puck, and will download the software.

Question, is the software as easy to use/setup as it looks or are there "hidden" things I should know about?

Thanks again for the help guys.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

Casper

Adventurer
I had strongly considered that. I was just afraid it would still lose signal. I have read a ton of reviews on both, and they were ok, but nowhere as good as the BU-353. I figured for the money, this was a better setup. Time will tell I guess.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

Casper

Adventurer
:wings:

So, I ordered and received my BU-353 antenna, downloaded the GPSGate software and installed it. Plugged in the antenna and wow, everything worked great. From inside the middle of my house even, it found 9 Satellites, 4 of which were dam near full strength. Still have to test it outside on the truck, but I would think that if it worked so well in the house, a tree lined trail will be no problem.

Thanks for all the help everyone, and Craig I owe you a drink (beer, wine, scotch, pepsi or root beer. Whatever you fancy) at the least. Thanks for pointing a novice in the right direction.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Excellent! Glad to hear you got it all wired up and working. Just in time to get out and use it. :safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179