GPS suggestions

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Photog said:
Where to you go, to trade in a GPS for a newer model?

I was checking it out at REI (where I bought my 60csx)

and I said: "I wish this was out when I bought my 60csx"...

the clerk said: "do you still have the box and receipt? You know we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee"

I said: "let me go check"

I did, and since my 60csx was still in perfect condition, they exchanged it for the colorado. Of course I had to pay the difference. I really love REI.

TxRider

Observer
Photog said:
Garmin 276c, 376c, 278, 378, 478. These are all the same, with a few minor differences. They come with different maps installed (land or marine).

For our purposes, they all wok great. They are a tiny bit big for lightweight hiking, and a tiny bit small for driving. Good battery life (rechargable, not AA). Will accept Garmin TOPO and City Street maps. Upload and download tracks, point, routes, and more. And it will talk to you, if you like.

I use a 276c in the truck and on my bikes, that series is great. The only downside is proprietary memory cards that are size limited. Bigger screen though, and the best overall GPS I've seen besides memory card issue limiting you to 512MB of memory. A hoss GPs other than that though.

The new colorado's seem to be great and take SD cards that are getting up past 16GB of storage these days though I don't know what capacity SD cards a colorado can handle. I wonder if they have the limited track storage issues the other hand held garmins do, haven't had my hands on one yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78