Grand Cherokee Overland

RyanPont

Adventurer
Lately ive been toying with the idea of unloading my 09 Tacoma access cab for something with more room. Alot of other reasons too. I wont list them all unless anyones interested.

I have the oppourtunity to purchase a 2009 Grand Cherokee Overland model. 41k on the odometer. Pretty sharp outside apperance, inside has a to. More features my Tacoma dosent have.

Haveing owned a TJ a few years ago with the offroad goodies i know the jeep brand, i dont know much about Grand Cherokees. If anyone has some good info on the Grands perticuarly the Overland model. Id appreticate anything you can share. I have looked at it but have not sat inside or driven yet.

Mpg
Features
Transfercase
Reliability
Think it has the V8?

I have my reasons why im looking into this switch but i will also accept criticism if you think its not a good idea or whatever else.

Thanks
Ryan

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
If you had a double cab I would say you were crazy, but otherwise it's not a bad swap in vehicles. There is tons of info on here and the web about reliability and upgrades for all years of the Grand Cherokee.

RyanPont

Adventurer
Ive done some searching, maybe im searching the wrong subject, but ive only found a few differet threads specific to the wk model years and builds.

And yea if it were a double cab there would be no discussion, or thought of. Wish I had the double cab now.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Having never owned a tacoma can't say it's a smart trade. But I can say I love my wk. the overland is the top of theline. It's has the hemi and QDII system. Mileage is not great, I think the hemi is around 18 highway. I have had great luck with my wk, runs great. Only downside I have found is that the aftermarket is a bit small.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
BAM - http://www.wkjeeps.com/kmenu.htm

Beyond that, I don't know anything about the WK. I like my WJ? ;)

The WK is independent front suspension...not sure if you're planning a big lift, etc. Some say the 2004 Grand was the last 'real' Jeep - but we all know that's baloney.

ROKTAXI

Adventurer
I bought my '06 WK Overland with only 41K this past January. I put in a 2.25" lift, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, 31" BFG KM2's for starters. My next additions will be rock sliders and then a bumper / winch. Camping at a T/H allows me the luxury of sleeping inside the Jeep if weather gets nasty.

So far I haven't had any problems with the lack of articulation, but then again, I haven't been on any rough trails to really test it. Fuel mileage isn't wonderful, but 17+ hiway and 15 off road is about the same as what my XJ got. Creature comforts galore.

So far no regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman