Great 1st Defender/Project

NoLimitX

Sponsors
I'm re-listing this truck as it was supposed to be a project but I don't see having the time in the near future.

The truck is a 87 titled in Texas..not sure how the previous owner did it but he did. He was a older English guy who brought it in as a farm truck. Anyway next year the 25yr rule will kick in and it won't really matter.

Details:
Paint - new but not the best spray job...looks nice but looking close you can find some small drips

Body - good, doors are newer and have no rust, inside no rust on floor boards etc..and the entire inside has been Rhino lined. Basic surface rust but very little on frame, rear crossmember is shot but I have a new replacement that comes with the truck(not installed)

Interior - seats need to be recovered..I may have this done before sale, dash etc..great shape no issues

Engine - 2.5td...not so good, runs and drives great but has blow-by which collects in air cleaner and runs out. 88,000 original mls
I also have a 2.5 NA motor that I was going to swap but I will not have the time..the NA comes with the vehicle as well. Mileage unknown

Overall the truck is in really good condition, the motor needs some attention but other than that everything is good. Has new clutch, brakes are good 2" lift tires are ok...spare tire is dead.

This could make a good starter truck for a project or someone looking to get into a Defender with out spending a ton of cash.

Looking to get $12k OBO - but please keep it reasonable..I have the 12k+ in it already

Thanks
James

Attachments

• BLK 90.jpg
    BLK 90.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 324
  • BLK 90 2.jpg
    BLK 90 2.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 305
  • inside 90 1.jpg
    inside 90 1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 271

wbevans

Im Very interested, can you pm me a little more info about engine and overall running condition of the car.
-Billy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179