Great opportunity to get a cheap 2009 HallMark Cuchara?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I am not sure what the story is behind this unit...looks like it has been neglected a lot, but perhaps a chance to get it for cheap and refurbish it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hall...0903474455?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item336edf8517

ZQ_800.jpg

John E Davies

Adventurer
It needs a good external scrubbing and a coat of wax, but I don't think it has been abused. It looks a little lopsided because they didn't crank the roof all the way up. I bet it's a repo .... The interior looks fine. I have seen way WAY worse for a two year old RV.

mg_800.jpg

My only hesitation would be if it sat in freezing weather without being winterized. Maybe you could ask the seller about that.

I say go for it!

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Attachments

• mg_800.jpg
    mg_800.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

bob91yj

Resident **************
Wow. That is going to be a great deal for someone. Looks like it would be great for a small family.

I know lots of people here will lament about the wood frame construction...something that big is not truly "Expo" regardless of construction.

docdave

Aspiring overlander
"not truly expo" hogwash, we don't all define "expo" the same.....look at those guys with 6X6 land yachts.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I knew as soon as I hit the send button that comment was going to cause a ruckus. I just meant that the construction of the camper won't hold up well to lots of off road abuse/twisting/flexing. I'm never one to question another's gear. If you're out there having fun, you're better off than any of us pounding on keyboards!

suntinez

Explorer
Those Hallmarks are beautiful units! Great company and nice folks, stopped by there a couple years ago.

Auction ended at $3400 with reserve not met ... this one looks great except for some outside dirt.

phird05

Actually, I have a 2009 Hallmark Milner LX and couldn't be happier. I have posted several comments since I purchased mine new. I can tell you it handles every bit of off road traveling as my friends FWC and and ATC. The finishes are far superior than the others out there. There are also added features that swayed me towards the Hallmark. Under bed storage which is great for the intended use but also serves as an insulated area when filled with soft goods, which is awesome when camping in cold environments. It also has great storage bins above the kitchen area and opposite on the passenger side. Larger H2O storage, larger propane tank, Larger windows on both sides of camper and one piece carbon fiber roof. (no leak issues at all) I researched for three years before making my decision and I am very glad I made the choice I did. I felt very educated and spent time in all of the major campers before I purchased. It all comes down to what fits your needs and wants when spending the money we do on our activities. And please, don't get into the weight issue. If you think one camper is lighter than another with comparable campers and having the same options, you didn't do your homework, or have a friend weigh their similar camper. Just get what you think will work best for you. As long as you're out there that is all that really matters.

Good Camping!

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle