Great Site wish I found it sooner

boknows

Adventurer
That is ingenious. I am in the military and around these boxes all day and have never thought of using one like that. Very clever, now I just have to find an empty one, we have engines mounted in ours.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Welcome to the Portal.

Nice build on your trailer, very innovative use and integration of free parts.

I too think shocks would help. Having just the coil springs puts you at the mercy of Newton’s 3rd Law, "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". So as the spring compresses as the trailer goes over a bump it also wants to expand once it's clear. It also want to expand at the same speed it compressed.

The shock will be able to slow the movement down and reduce the bouncing. If you can find a shock with variable valving you could dial it into your needs.

The other thing to take into consideration is the coil spring rating to make sure it's in the correct weight category. If the trailer is too light and the spring too stiff it may be difficult to remove the bounce.

Ca. Bowhunter

Adventurer
Well I installed the shocks and oh man what a difference, Good call I cant believe the ride.
Also found a way to stop the clattering.

Randy

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Yeah I knew the container was air related it had presure relief valves in it. IIRC Gunships use that peticular ammo. Where's our IYAAYAS folks?!?!?

Boinger springs dislike not having good shocks big time, and they will tell you about it lol. My uncle bought a 62 Impalla convertable and on the way home the rear shock mounts broke off, it looked like something off lowrider bouncing down the road.

tontrulug

Good post. I appreciate it
Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.
That's pretty good.
:victory::victory::victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online