Greatings from a trailer newbie.

acruxksa

Hi all,
I just picked up a 1965 M416 and have found this site loaded with information. I'm eventually planning to put a hinged cover and tent on top of mine, but for now am just happy to have it. I picked it up in a trade that netted me a modified CJ-10A and M416 trailer for a custom Stak 3-speed T-Case. Here's a couple pics of the M416 attached to my FJ Cruiser on the drive back to Alaska from Washington and the CJ-10A.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 222
  • tug.jpg
    tug.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 200

acruxksa

Dig the CJ10 :cool:

Welcome to ExPo

Thanks, I can't take any of the credit for the work, but I think it's quite the cool rig myself. Funny thing is, I'm just as excited about the trailer even though it's a minor acquisition compared to the CJ-10A (A as in Aircraft Tug). I can use both for sure, but the trailer serves the more urgent need, which is the ability to haul the camping gear of a family of 5 plus one dog. we have a tent trailer, but it's not quite as off road capable as we would like, so the M416 trailer is just what we were looking for. The tug is my future off road rig and will no doubt be very effective at the role, but will be limited to excursions that involve myself and one of my kids (or the wife if we can con the grand parents into watching the kids for a weekend. ;) )

Last edited:

fjcruzn

Observer
Great looking M416. You'll enjoy it. After pulling mine through some really narly trails.

See www.myfjcruiser.org "Nine in 2009" for pics of my and DaToy's M416s in action. I have an ARB RTT mounted on an aluminum lid.

Keep us posted on your progress!

cheers,

dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman