Grey water question

rb70383

Observer
I have awesome place for water tanks in my ramcharger. Now do those of you that camp out of your vehicles, do you keep your grey water? Would be nice to have all the tanks dedicated to fresh water instead of half fresh half grey.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
I don't keep grey water.
I throw it out, but never dump it in the same spot if I am staying in the same place for days.
I don't dump food stuffs and bits out....the dog cleans up the dishes before we wash them then I dump water at the base of trees or bushes to give them some extra watering.
Darrell

762X39

Explorer
I use a 5 gallon pail to collect grey water from our trailer(placed under the drain pipe) and then pour it into the bushes or directly onto the roadway (usually gravel or well traveled dirt). I think it's foolish to waste space for a grey water holding tank when that space could be better utilized (that's just my opinion though).:coffee:

WASURF63

Adventurer
x2 on the above posts.
I drain it from a short length of hose into a collapsable 5gl water jug, and empty as needed.
This also alleviates an otherwise muddy mess in camp.

Another benefit to saving grey water (even temporarily as in 5 gal at a time) is that if your in an emergency situation it can be more easily repurified.

762X39

Explorer
Another benefit to saving grey water (even temporarily as in 5 gal at a time) is that if your in an emergency situation it can be more easily repurified.
I never really thought about that and although I know my Katadyn is up to the job, I so do not want to have to try it.:eek:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Normally I just toss the grey water into the desert but I like the idea of saving it for the campfire or such at the end of the night. But that is as long as I would save it.

Heuschele

I save the nightly grey water and use it to extinguish the evening camp fire (When permitted).

X3

I save the water from the day to fully extinguish the camp fire which is important in socal. I would not desire to use precious clear water to put out the fire. Water is so much easier than using dirt.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

rb70383

Observer
I do like that idea. Keep the on board tanks for clear water, and a collapsable jug for the camp fires. Good idea.

Ok how do you purify the grey water? Yes noob question. Sorry.

Grey water shouldn't be severly contaminated. Think dish water, shower water, etc. So a good water filter should do it without issue. As mentioned above though, I wouldn't do it unless it was a last resort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears