Group Buy: Trasharoo with optional Expedition Portal logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

net4n6

Adventurer
I just want to thanks Charlie for setting up this group buy.
In addition, I would like to let everyone know how awesome Dave/Thrasharoo was. I need the bag for my trip and it was too late for Dave to receive the group buy check then send the bag out for me. Guess what he did? Dave told me that he will send out the bag out for me before he get the check. I received the bag NEXT DAY. Wow. That's what I call "Awesome Customer Service".

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Any updates on how the bag looks with the logo… just curious :lurk:
Not yet. Once Dave receives his restock on Black and Green bags he will begin printing. I will post a picture as soon as I can.

I just want to thanks Charlie for setting up this group buy.
In addition, I would like to let everyone know how awesome Dave/Thrasharoo was. I need the bag for my trip and it was too late for Dave to receive the group buy check then send the bag out for me. Guess what he did? Dave told me that he will send out the bag out for me before he get the check. I received the bag NEXT DAY. Wow. That's what I call "Awesome Customer Service".
Awesome!

Septu

Explorer
Interesting look at where all the orders are going. 26 States (27 when I add my order) and one to Canada.

I'm surprised I'm the only Canadian who ordered one.

Let's do it! :wings: Another question, Does anyone have a "non-steal" idea, so that sticky hands cannot steal my trash bag?!

I was just wondering about that. Is this really an issue?

I would say yes [Annual group buy for these]. I would like a few more and by the time I got done buying them for friends and family it would be time to replace mine.

You could count me in as well. I want to get one for my trailer (not a pressing need, but would do this around that time), and would give my buddy(s) one for Christmas.

Last edited:

jeverich

Luddite
Let's do it! :wings: Another question, Does anyone have a "non-steal" idea, so that sticky hands cannot steal my trash bag?!

Just take it off when you're in town.. Or at least I do.

Sure, it looks cool - but is that "bling" factor really worth it? I bet a lot of other people think that they're cool too.. Cool enough to undue the buckles and take it.

That being said, I bet a stainless steel zip tie, one of those theft-proof hose clamps or a gun lock would prevent theft.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I don't know Dave or his company but I have a feeling he is a regular Joe small business and does keep a lot of inventory in house and doesn't this many orders of this quantity very often.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
I don't know Dave or his company but I have a feeling he is a regular Joe small business and does keep a lot of inventory in house and doesn't this many orders of this quantity very often.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Very true.

Believe me, he needs his restock worse than we do. He has 200 other orders to fill along with our 140 in our group buy! :Wow1: He is hesitant to give an actual date, but is confident they will be in any day now. The logo bags will take about another week to print before shipping.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
It comes when it comes, I've lived without it until now so another week or month won't change my life. Before overland expo would be nice, that's the next big trip.

Thanks for the update!

bat

Explorer
I myself am a little disappointed they were not here for Christmas. It makes it tough when the gift is not under the tree and having to fill the spot in the last minute.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
I myself am a little disappointed they were not here for Christmas. It makes it tough when the gift is not under the tree and having to fill the spot in the last minute.
I do apologize that our initial goal was not able to be met. I picked up a rolling ball and ran with it on November 8th because I did not see anyone else stepping up and I didn't want to see the momentum for the GB die out. I can only communicate the group buy status with Dave during the GB process. I cannot control his inventory or how many other orders he receives through his website and other forums/outlets. This group buy GREATLY exceeded our expectations because of the custom ExPo logo option!

I very much appreciate everyone's patience. This has been been a fun learning experience in group buy management. If we do this again next year (and I hope we do), I would start the GB in September to insure all orders are fulfilled before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger