Group Flip Pac Camper Rain Fly Buy

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Hey there...just happened to do a google search and found you guys! So excited! Can I purchase one of the flys yet? I actually liked the two toned burgundy look. Anyhow HELLO FELLOW Flippackers! Glad I found this site!:wings:
Lots of great info here on EP. Welcome.

billy bee

Adventurer
Hey there...just happened to do a google search and found you guys! So excited! Can I purchase one of the flys yet? I actually liked the two toned burgundy look.

I think we can sell you the prototype. It is not fully outfitted like the final product is. The final product has ladder buckles and two additional webbing loops. We could add the ladder buckles easily enough, I think.

If you are interested, PM me. If not, I suggest you contact Martyn at AT to purchase a new one. http://www.adventuretrailers.com/

Welcome to the forum...

bb

gwwing

OK...!! almost ready for rain. The SLO rain fly came in today :wings: so I try it out. Made for an interesting tryout since I had to work in the mud and snow that was left over from our last storm here in Reno. It worked so well I had to try it out twice...

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    810.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    745.6 KB · Views: 80

newmexflippacker

fittingthefly2.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok..between the new rain fly and the tent heater we just ordered....we should be ready for Whatever Moab dishes out next week.....of course now that we are prepared...there will be a freak heat wave

newmexflippacker

Well the reviews for the BlackCat by Coleman were good...its only $50 we have great sleeping bags too...should be all we need... Hey I sent you an email about the new fly...what do you think I should use for the strap down material? material like the tie down loops on the fly or like the bungy cord material..I saw ladder buckles at REI so I can get those.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-PerfecTemp-Catalytic-InstaStart-Technology/dp/B0009PUQW8"]Amazon.com: Coleman BlackCat PerfecTemp Catalytic Heater with InstaStart Technology: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

got mine at auction on Ebay for $39 + shipping

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
How safe are those tent heaters? I'd like one in my kit but am weary about toxic gases. Thanks. Keep on flippac'n!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
How safe are those tent heaters? I'd like one in my kit but am weary about toxic gases. Thanks. Keep on flippac'n!

There have been many threads on this subject, and as many of you know I'm not a supporter of any heater that exhausts combusted gases into the heated air that circulates in your living space.

Units like this do emit CO, CO is accumulative in the blood stream i.e. it binds with the hemoglobin in your blood and prevents it from picking up oxygen. Long exposure to low levels of CO is fatal.

billy bee

Adventurer
Hi guys,

I am currently camped in my SLO/AT-flied FP in Carmel, CA. Check the weather. It's rainy and windy. Even in the wind and rain thee fly went on pretty easily. I hook it over the connectors where the poles hinge. Unlike other FP owners, I have removed my poles from the roof/lid. When I went on a trail drive the first tree I drove by snatched the pole off the lid.

I spent a few minutes installing the battens and getting the fly oriented i did this under the cover of the opened rear window. Anyway, with the bungee cord laid over the lid and connectors the fly flipped over the tent pretty easily. I pull the rear down around the back of the FP and hook the bungee under the clamps. There is enough tension in the bungee to keep it formally attached in the gusty wind.

Oh, it's also dry as a bone. I'll probably treat the fabric with nickwax as an insurance measure. But it's pouring out there and I'm holding up well in here.

Will snap a pic in the AM.

Bill

billy bee

Adventurer
Took a while to get this photo up. I was a very rainy night. Some water soaked into the fly material, but not enough to make the tent leak.

Also, as you can see, I designed a semicircular window. I like it. It requires that I use a bigger stuff bag to accommodate the taller window, but I have plenty of storage in my FP.

1224316034_DzKTj-XL.jpg

bb

creekwalk55

were can we get a rain fly?

we just got a flip pac and it rained all weekend. we need the rain fly you are talking about. where do we get one?

Palehorse1

Observer
Bill,

Thanks for getting this sorted out and thanks to everyone who contributed to the project. I contacted Andrew at SLO Sail a coupe of weeks ago and he made us one in the "Texas Tan" color offered by their material manufacturer. I was a little worried that it would be more "Texas Orange-Brown" but the color looks very nice alongside our truck. The fly looks great and we can't wait to pick up our Flippac so we can see the two together. Again, thanks for taking the initiative on this and thanks to Andrew at SLO Sail & Canvas for his professional and personalized service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78