GT Radial - Adventuro MT

walsnart

Ive heard that this tire is one of the favorites among Austrailians, they report it to be great on most terrains and also mention that it is super tough in terms of sidewall strength.

Im hesitant, however, to buy a 'bugdet' tire. I was thinking Cooper ST or ST-C but I love the tread pattern on the Adventuro's. I dont quite need an MT, but I have been in a few spots where my BFG AT's didnt quite fit the bill.

Anyway, does anyone here have any expirience with these tires?

GT-Adventuro-MT.jpg

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
I run the GT Radials and love them. A little loud on the freeway but I run them on both my rovers - 285/75 on the rangie and 235/85 on the 109. Handle great off road - rocks and mud. A good all around tire.

Dang, it won't let me upload a pic right now...

walsnart

I run the GT Radials and love them. A little loud on the freeway but I run them on both my rovers - 285/75 on the rangie and 235/85 on the 109. Handle great off road - rocks and mud. A good all around tire.

Dang, it won't let me upload a pic right now...

What kind of mileage are you expecting from them, and what did you pay for thos 235's?

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
What kind of mileage are you expecting from them, and what did you pay for thos 235's?

Right now I have about 15,000 miles on them and they still look good. I would expect another 10,000 at least. The rangie is a daily driver, averaging about 300 miles per week.

I think I paid $112 mounted and balanced for each 235. I probably could have gotten a better deal but I always go to a mom & pop truck/farm shop in the small town I live in. My family has been going there for over 40 years and they treat us very well so I don't mind paying a bit more.

walsnart

I email GiTi USA, the company makes/imports the tires to the US for distribution to find a local dealer, and got a timely and proffesional response from the regional rep with phone numbers and names. A+ on customer service!

Called one of the dealers and was quoted $127.50 per tire mounted and balanced for 235/85's. That seems reasonable.

I will be trying these tires in the future, I'll update when I have a conclusive opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior