Guerrilla Trucks

ol' scott

Adventurer
It's already been posted at least twice (another time here and again in Fireside). Pretty good article though.

gfiero

Adventurer
Choices

If the Toyota is the choice of terrorist, what is the choice of good guys and what does that say? Is there something to be said about our desire to engineer out all risk (not only in trucks, but in life?) An armored Hummer says what about our society?

Now how do I get a new HZJ 79?

I saw this article this morning and it really was fun to read and then argue at work, spiced up our Friday.

Our conclusion was to move to Costa Rica and buy the Toyota of our choice.:jump:

Toyotero

Explorer
Is there something to be said about our desire to engineer out all risk (not only in trucks, but in life?) An armored Hummer says what about our society?

I think that an armored Hummer says that our society/country can afford to try to beat the enemy with full spectrum dominance, and the vehicle is just one piece of that. I don't think that anyone who might be shot at wouldn't prefer to not be hit, and therefore those who can afford it get armorer vehicles. They don't drive around in Toyotas instead because they are thrill seekers.

ol' scott

Adventurer
Eh, US Special Forces and other folks sometimes drive Toyotas overseas.

toyotatacomav627ki.jpg
k/?p=1152

toyota_tacoma_afghanistan05.jpg

militarytacorandy2.jpg

LimaMikeMike

Observer
I smell propaganda

-Hiluxes provied by the canadian government?, Where's the line that I get into for those. LOL did they send them used rusted clapped out northern ont. 3VZE powered ext cabs, definitely not diesel double cabs- they're rare here mostly japan imports for personal use.

-Maple leaf tatoos?, I'll have to ask some friends about those. I was always told in the muslim faith defiling your body was a no-no, we were told do go as far as covering up our ink when we were in Bosnia, so as not to offend.

Still want a government provided Hilux though:victory: That candidate would get my vote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78